This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
My family's go-to veggie side dish for dinner is roasted vegetables. Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower is so easy and can be customized with your favorite seasonings! A perfectly healthy and quick side dish everyone will enjoy!
Roasting broccoli and cauliflower completely changes the texture and taste of the vegetable. The oven works its magic and creates vegetables that are toasty and caramelized into sweet and savory bites. They are a flavor bomb in your mouth!
Are you on Team Broccoli or Team Cauliflower? Or Team Both because you can't choose which you like more? I've always been on Team Both. My family on the other hand, have mixed feelings about broccoli. I have 2 that only like the broccoli and I have 2 that like them both just like their mama. I love both of them (the veggies that is, I love all my family!), and I'll eat them raw, cooked, mashed, in salads, but my most favorite way is roasted.
This post was originally posted on 04/03/2020 and updated on 04/30/2021.
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower Ingredients
- Broccoli Florets
- Cauliflower Florets
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
You will need 6 cups of florets which equals approximately 1 small head of cauliflower and 1 medium head of broccoli, but you can choose whatever amount of each vegetable you like. We use simple seasonings, just salt and black pepper, most of the time. However, my oldest daughter loves spicy food so I will occasionally change things up a bit.
- Lemon Pepper
- Chipotle Rub from Pampered Chef
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Garlic Powder and Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 21 Salute Seasoning from Trader Joe's
How to make Crispy Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- First get the oven nice and hot by preheating it to 400°F.
- Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease it well with olive oil.
- Next, in a large bowl or plastic zip top bag add the vegetables, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Mix or shake well so the veggies are coated well.
- Now, spread the veggies evenly on the baking sheet.
- Lastly, Roast the veggies for 25-30 minutes until they are tender and deep golden brown.
FAQs About Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
Most likely, the pan was overcrowded and the cauliflower was steamed rather than roasted. Make sure there is a bit of room between the veggies.
Broccoli itself is a healthy vegetable that has fiber and vitamin C. When combined with olive oil, which is a healthy fat containing beneficial fatty acids and antioxidants. So it is safe to say that roasted broccoli is indeed healthy.
No, please don't. There is no need to steam cauliflower first. The hot oven will cook the cauliflower and create crisp golden edges full of flavor.
More Vegetable Side Dishes We Love:
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Garlicky Broccolini
- Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Easy Roasted Carrots
- Garlic Parmesan Sautéed Asparagus
- Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
- Tomato, Cucumber, and Basil Salad
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Smashed Potatoes
Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3 cups Cauliflower Florets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with olive oil.
- In a large bowl or plastic zip top bag, combine broccoli, cauliflower, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly or shake well.
- Spread veggies evenly onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until caramelized and deep golden brown.
Leave a Reply