This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Corn Flake Chicken Tenders are oven baked and turn out crispy and delicious every time. The perfect go to dinner that kids and adults will both enjoy!
Do your kids always get chicken tenders when eating out? Mine do! It's either mac-n-cheese or chicken tenders. I have to admit, there are times I get chicken tenders too. So it's only obvious that I would make some for us to enjoy at home too. This recipe is simple, a bit messy for your fingers but easy none the less. Corn flakes add such a good texture and great flavor to the chicken, and baking them instead of frying makes dinnertime easier and cleaner. No greasy mess to clean up!
Ingredients Needed for Easy Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
How to Crush Corn Flakes Cereal
You can crush corn flakes in a food processor or save dishes and use a zip top bag. Add the corn flakes to the bag and smash with a rolling pin or the bottom of a skillet. Work out any aggression you may have. 😉
How to Make Oven Baked Corn Flake Chicken Strips
Step 1: Soak the Chicken
Whisk together the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Add the chicken to the bowl and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Coating
Step 3: Coat the Chicken
Take a piece of chicken from the bowl and let any excess milk & egg wash run off. Place the chicken piece in the bag of coating and shake it up. Use your hand to pat the corn flakes into the chicken. Place the chicken on a oven safe wire rack on a sheet pan. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
Step 4: Bake the Chicken
Spray the top of the coated chicken pieces with cooking spray, then bake the chicken strips in a 400° oven for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your tenders. Internal temperature should reach 160°, then let the chicken rest for 5-8 minutes to finish cooking and reach 165°.
Step 5: Enjoy
Dip these fabulous crunchy chicken strips in your favorite sauce and enjoy every single bite!
Tips for Making the Best Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Use chicken tenders that are all about the same size. That way they all cook the same in the oven.
- Make sure your corn flakes are crushed well. If the flakes are too big they won't adhere to the chicken well.
- Use your fingers to press the coating on the chicken to make it stick better.
- If making a double batch, make 2 separate bags of coating. If you make too much at once, it will be all wet and gummy before all the chicken is coated and it won't stick to the chicken very well.
- Bake the chicken on a wire rack, this will help with air circulation around the chicken and won't give soggy bottoms. If you don't have a wire rack, spray the pan with a good amount of cooking spray to help crisp the bottoms of the chicken.
More Chicken Dishes You and the Family will Love!
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Baked Cumin Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Nachos
Give your family and yourself something joyful for dinner with these Corn Flake Chicken Tenders and let me know how much you and your family enjoyed them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Preheat oven to 400°, line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper and place a wire rack on the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk very well. Add the chicken tenders to the bowl and submerge them as much as you can.
- Crush the corn flakes and then measure them. Add the crushed corn flakes to a large zip top bag with onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Give the bag a good shake to mix it all together.
- Take a piece of chicken from the bowl and let the excess milk and egg wash run off. Add the chicken to the bag of corn flakes and shake to coat. Use your hand to pat it on the chicken if needed.
- Place coated chicken on wire rack. Repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Spray the top of the chicken tenders with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of your chicken pieces and until the internal temperature reads 160°. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and finish cooking to 165°.