This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Oven Roasted Potatoes are an easy and delicious side dish to any entree! They are soft, yet crispy at the same time and are a cinch to prepare. These potatoes will be the new favorite potato for your family meals!
If you haven't heard, my husband is a meat and potato guy. Especially, potatoes. His nick name at work is "french fry" so you could say he loves himself some potatoes. If you want to read the whole story behind his nick name, check out my Taco Flavored Steak Fries recipe where I give the details on how he got his nick name. It is a rather funny story! Ok, enough about my hubby and his affection for potatoes. These oven roasted potatoes are the bomb! They turn out so crispy, but yet they are soft in the middle. Basically, perfect roasted potatoes that go well with anything!
What You Need to Make Easy Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 6 Medium Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
Do I have to use Russet potatoes?
No, you can use Yukon Gold potatoes, Red potatoes or fingerling potatoes. You could even use sweet potatoes. Any potato works well with this recipe.
Do I have to peel the potatoes for this recipe?
Nope just give the potatoes a good wash and scrub. I'll tell you a secret, I despise peeling potatoes. I love to cook and bake, but I just can't stand peeling potatoes. I like to create recipes where that is not needed. Plus, a lot of the health benefits of potatoes are in the skin. However, if you are not a fan of the skin you can peel the potatoes and proceed with the recipe as it's written.
How to Make the Best Oven Roasted Potatoes
Bake the potatoes for 15 minute and then flip them as best you can. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender.
Tips For Making The Perfect Roasted Potatoes
- Cut your potatoes in uniform pieces, meaning the majority of them are all the same size. When they are all the same size they will cook evenly. If some pieces are large and some are mini, the large pieces will still be hard and raw when the mini pieces are fully cooked.
- Make sure to coat the potatoes evenly with the oil. The oil is what helps the potatoes develop the crispy edges.
- Use parchment paper, using parchment paper will make it really easy to flip the potatoes and will prevent any of the good crispy edges from sticking to the pan.
My Favorite Things To Serve With Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Fried Eggs and Bacon
- Grilled Spiced Pork Chops
- Grilled Steaks
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Pork Tenderloin
- Any Type of Burger
- Roasted BBQ Chicken
After you try these delicious and perfect Oven Roasted Potatoes, let me know how much you enjoyed them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don't forget to pin the recipe for later!
Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub the potatoes clean, dice into ½ inch cubes.
- In a large bowl or zip top bag, combine olive oil and seasonings.
- Add potatoes to bowl or bag and toss to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Spread potatoes out in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes and then flip them.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.