These Air Fryer Potatoes are an easy side dish that creates crispy, yet tender bites of the most perfect potatoes. A simple addition to any main dish, any day of the week!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why We Love Air Fryer Potatoes
- Super simple side dish that goes with almost anything.
- Minimal basic ingredients needed with most hanging out in your spice drawer.
- Customize to your liking with whatever spices you like best!
- On the table and ready to eat in less time than oven roasted potatoes.
- No oil mess to clean up.
Air Fryer Potatoes Ingredients
- Yukon Golds: You can use any type of potato you have at home. Russet potatoes, baby red potatoes or creamer potatoes are all delicious options.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is best when it comes to flavor, but you could use avocado oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil or vegetable oil.
- Spices: Use your favorite! Season them to however you like your potatoes!
- Air Fryer Potato Ideas: Garlic and rosemary pair well together, or you could go taco style and use some homemade taco seasoning. Garlic parmesan is another delicious way to season your potatoes, as well as a homemade ranch seasoning or store bought ranch packet. Italian seasoning with parmesan cheese is one of my favorite ways to enjoy these potatoes too!
If you are looking for an easy recipe for a perfect side dish with simple ingredients then read on! This recipe for air fryer potatoes is all that plus more!
How to Make Easy Air Fryer Potatoes
- First, preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- While the air fryer is preheating, prepare the potatoes. Wash and then dry potatoes with paper towel, then cut into ½ inch cubes.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl or zip top bag.
- To the potatoes add: olive oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper.
- Stir or shake potatoes well so they are all evenly coated with oil and spices.
- Place potatoes in preheated air fryer basket or in single layer on shelves, and cook for 10 minutes.
- If using an air fryer with a basket, give the basket a good shake.
- Then cook potatoes for another 10 minutes.
- Potatoes should be golden brown on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, and pierce easily with a fork. If they are not quite done, give them another shake and cook for another 5 minutes.
How Long to Air Fry Potatoes
Cooking potatoes in the air fryer is the easiest thing and creates the most delicious crispy potatoes. I make sure to cut my potatoes in ½ inch cubes, so they only take about 20 minutes to cook. I give them a good shake half way through the cook time.
If you cut your potatoes bigger than ½ inch, the cook time will be longer. If you cut them thinner or smaller the air fry time will be shorter. Different size potatoes equals different cook times. You'll know they are done when they pierce easily with a fork.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Potatoes
Potatoes are a great side dish and go well with almost any main dish. Here are some of my family's favorite meals to have with these deliciously crispy potatoes.
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Italian Sloppy Joes
- Easy Turkey Burgers
- Baked Cumin Chicken
- Iowa Maid Rites
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
Storing Leftover Potatoes
Storing: Store any leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating: The potatoes can be reheated in the microwave, but they'll be soft. To crisp them back up again, reheat them in a preheated air fryer at 400°F for about 5-7 minutes until they are warmed through and crispy again.
Tips for Air Fryer Potatoes
- The most important thing with potatoes is cutting them all the same size. This allows them to all cook evenly and at the same time.
- Make sure all the potatoes are evenly coated with oil and spices. The little bit of oil helps make the outside crispy.
- If using a basket air fryer, shake the potatoes well half way through cooking. This will allow the potatoes in the center to get crispy and the hot air to circulate around all the potatoes.
Other Air Fryer Recipes:
More Potato Recipes:
- Grilled Potatoes in Foil
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Smashed Potatoes
Air Fryer Potatoes
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- While it preheats, prepare the potatoes. Wash the potatoes and dry with paper towels.
- Cut potatoes into ½ inch cubes.
- Place cubed potatoes in a large bowl or zip top bag.
- To the potatoes add: olive oil, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Toss or shake to evenly coat all the potatoes.
- Add potatoes to air fryer basket or in a single layer on shelves, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Give the basket a good shake and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Potatoes should be dark golden brown and pierce easily with a fork. If they are not quite done, cook for another 5 minutes and check again.