This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Baked Cumin Chicken is tender, juicy and incredibly simple to make! Perfect for topping salads or eating with a side a veggies. An easy, healthy dish with a little southwest flare!
I prefer chicken over beef, as does my girls. The boys, including my dad, are beef and potato dudes! However, I always seem to get a high five or a fist bump when I make chicken! Especially this Baked Cumin Chicken. I love to add it to my salad, and the boys like it with a side of potatoes. Either way it is delicious and so easy you won't believe it. On top of being easy, it only requires 5 ingredients, and that's including salt and pepper. I love recipes with minimal ingredients!
How to Make Baked Cumin Chicken
What You Will Need
- 1½ to 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
What You Will Need To Do
Now, the chicken needs to be prepared. The chicken either needs to be pounded to an even thickness or butterflied. I prefer to butterfly mine, cutting it all the way through to make 2 pieces. Chicken breasts are so huge that each one can weigh a pound alone, so I always just cut them in half to make thinner breasts making sure they are as even as possible, which helps with even cooking.
Finally, bake the chicken uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the internal temp reaches 160°. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Note*** Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken. My chicken was less than an inch thick. Chicken any thicker than an inch will need more cooking time.
Here are some more Chicken Recipes you might also like!
If you give this delicious and simple Baked Cumin Chicken recipe a try let me know what you think in the comments below! You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Baked Cumin Chicken
- Preheat oven to 400° and add the olive oil to a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Pound or slice the chicken in half to make the chicken even and less than an inch thick.
- Place the chicken in the dish with the olive oil, and turn chicken to coat.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with the cumin mix.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes and until internal temp reaches 160°.
- Let chicken rest 5-10 minutes before serving.