This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This Simple Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe creates the best chicken that turns out juicy, tender and perfectly seasoned. A delicious chicken recipe that is excellent for weeknight dinners and meal prepping.
Winner, winner chicken dinner! If your family loves chicken dinners this is the recipe for you! An easy and healthy chicken dinner that can be on the table within 30 minutes. This recipe is also a great one to use if you do a lot of meal prepping. The chicken can be roasted ahead of time and used for weekday lunches, casseroles, soups, salads and even sandwiches or wraps. A go-to recipe that everyone needs to have!
Ingredients for Easy Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
- Garlic Powder
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Chicken Breasts
Chicken is such a wonderful protein because it goes with almost anything. Pair it with some rice, potatoes, or even pasta and add a vegetable and the meal is complete. Or serve the chicken on top of a bed of lettuce with all your favorite fixings. There are so many possibilities with this recipe. Here are some of my favorites to serve with these roasted chicken breasts:
- Oven Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Roast Chicken Salad
- Roasted Carrots
- Tomato, Cucumber and Basil Salad
- Smashed Potatoes
How to Make Simple Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken
The key to making juicy and tender chicken is to cook it on high heat to trap in the juices, but it is even more important to make sure all the chicken cooks evenly. To do that, the chicken all needs to be the same size and thickness. There are two ways to do this, you can pound the chicken with a meat mallet or slice the chicken breasts in half to create cutlets. Pound your chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap or parchment paper to about ½ inch thickness if using the meat mallet method.
Once the chicken is even in size, coat it in the olive oil and place on a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
Step 2: Season Chicken
In a small bowl, combine the lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt and parsley. Evenly sprinkle the mix over the chicken breasts, use it all! This blend is so good, you don't want to skimp on it.
Step 3: Roast the Chicken
Place the chicken in a preheated 400° oven and roast the chicken for 20-25 minutes until a thermometer reads 160°. Timing will all depend on the thickness of your chicken, so use the thermometer to ensure it is cooked through. Remove chicken from oven and cover it with foil. Let it rest covered for 5-10 minutes before serving.
For a more prominent lemon flavor, take the lemon and zest it directly over the chicken once it has finished resting. Then cut the lemon in half and squeeze one half over the chicken. It gives the chicken a nice bright and fresh finish!
Tips for Juicy Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Make sure all chicken is the same size so it is all finished cooking at the same time. If some chicken is thicker than others, it will need more cooking time and then the thinner pieces will end up over cooked and dry.
- Roast the chicken at high heat to lock in juices.
- Coat the chicken with oil to help retain moisture.
- Let the chicken rest. This is extremely important! It needs time to rest so the juices can redistribute throughout the piece of chicken. If you cut into it right away, all the juices will come flooding out and you will be left with dry chicken.
More Winner, Winner Chicken Dinners!
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Baked Cumin Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs
- Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Oven Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
Try this healthy and delicious Simple Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe and let me know how you enjoyed it in the comments below along with a star rating, please! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Simple Roasted Chicken Breast Recipe
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved or pounded to ½ inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1 whole lemon, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with a little olive oil.
- Pound chicken breasts to ½ inch thickness or cut into cutlets by cutting the chicken breast in half to create two thin breasts.
- Coat chicken in olive oil and place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt and parsley.
- Sprinkle the seasoning blend over the chicken, use it all.
- Roast the chicken for 20-25 minutes until internal temperature reads 160°.
- Remove chicken from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes.
- For a more prominent lemon flavor, zest the lemon over top of chicken. Cut lemon in half and squeeze one half of the lemon over the top of the chicken.
- Serve chicken!
Leave a Reply