This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Pan Roasted Chicken & Potatoes is a simple one pan dinner that is a breeze to whip up, throw in the oven and get dinner done with little effort. Juicy chicken thighs and tender potatoes are seasoned to perfection making this a flavorful meal the entire family will love!
My family is a meat and potato family, and if they had their way they would eat burgers and fries every day. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger and some fries too, but not every day. So I try to be a good wifey and mom and cater to their likes but in different ways. That is where this chicken and potato meal comes to play. It is obviously a meat and potato dish, but with chicken rather than beef. This dish was a huge winner with the family. So easy to toss the chicken and potatoes with some seasonings, place on a sheet pan and put in the oven. It was so simple and ended up so flavorful and delicious!
Ingredients For Sheet Pan Chicken & Potatoes Recipe
- Chicken Thighs, Bone In, Skin On
- Russet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
Do I Have to Use Chicken Thighs With Skin?
No, you can use skinless and boneless or skinless with bones. If you use skinless and boneless, you will have to remove the chicken from the pan earlier and cover with foil to stay warm until the potatoes are finished cooking.
Can I use a different cut of chicken?
Yes, you could use drumsticks or chicken breasts. You will have to adjust the time of cooking with the breasts as they don't take as long to cook.
Can other potatoes be used for Roasted Chicken & Potatoes?
You could use any potatoes you like, I used russet because it is what I have on hand most times. However, yukon gold and baby red potatoes will work great too.
How to Make Pan Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
First things to do is preheat the oven 400° and line or grease a large rimmed sheet pan (18x13). Next scrub and wash your potatoes, and cut into 1 inch cubes and roughly chop the onions. Place potatoes and onions in a zip top bag or bowl.
Step 2: Season the Chicken & Potatoes
Add oil, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper to the potatoes, toss to evenly coat them all. Spread the potatoes out on the sheet pan. Nestle the chicken in the potatoes on the sheet pan and then spray the tops of the chicken with some olive oil spray. In a small bowl combine the paprika, thyme, salt and pepper, then sprinkle over the chicken thighs.
Step 3: Bake it!
Bake the chicken and potatoes for 45-60 minutes until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165° and the potatoes are fork tender. Then let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
Serve this simple sheet pan dinner with a side salad or simple steamed veggie and your meal is complete!
Customize Your Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- Add some carrots or other root vegetable with the potatoes.
- Half way through the cooking add some green beans or broccoli tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper to the sheet pan.
- You could swap sweet potatoes or butternut squash for the potatoes.
More Chicken Recipes to Enjoy!
- Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
- Roast Chicken Cobb Salad
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Nachos
Give this simple and delicious Pan Roasted Chicken & Potatoes Recipe a try and let me know how much you enjoyed it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Pan Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
- olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° and line or grease or large rimmed sheet pan (18x13).
- Add potatoes to large zip top bag or bowl and add onions, olive oil, minced garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss it to coat the potatoes evenly.
- Spread the potatoes out in a single layer on sheet pan.
- Nestle the chicken thighs in the potatoes and spray with olive oil.
- Combine thyme, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until the chicken reaches 165° internally and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes.