These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are a healthy and flavorful dinner that is going to be a new family favorite. They are a breeze to make with very little clean up. Serve with warm tortillas, lime wedges and sour cream for a winning weeknight meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why We LOVE these Chicken Fajitas:
- It's healthy with chicken breast and veggies.
- Easiest dinner recipe ever!
- Ready in 30 minutes.
- Very little clean up with minimal dirty dishes.
- It can be prepped and made ahead of time to make dinner even easier.
- Chicken Breasts: you can also use thinly sliced boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- Bell Peppers: You can use any color of bell peppers you like. Even the little mini sweet peppers will work.
- Red Onion: I like red onion best when roasted, but you can use yellow or white too. Shallots are a good option as well.
- Taco Seasoning: I make homemade taco seasoning, but if you use the store bought kind that will work. I do reccomend making it yourself though, the flavor is so much better.
- Olive Oil: Avocado, vegetable, or canola oil can be substituted.
How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
- In a large bowl or zip top bag combine the sliced peppers and onion. Sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Give it a good shake or toss until they are all evenly coated.
- Place the peppers and onions in a single layer on 2 parchment lined and greased rimmed baking sheets.
- In the same bag or bowl, combine the sliced chicken with the remaining taco seasoning, salt and olive oil. Toss or shake to evenly coat all the chicken pieces.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheets with the peppers and onions.
- Roast in a preheated 400°F oven for 20-25 minutes, rotating and flipping the chicken and veggies half way through cooking.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, wrap the tortillas in foil and add them to the oven to warm up.
- Drizzle lime juice over chicken and veggies.
- Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream, diced tomatoes, avocado slices, guacamole, salsa or pica de gallo.
Tips for Easy Chicken Fajitas
- Cut the peppers and chicken all the same size for even cooking.
- Line the sheet pans with parchment for super easy clean up.
- Rotate the pans and flip the chicken and veggies half way through cooking so both sides roast evenly.
- Want a little extra spice, add some cayenne pepper to the seasonings or add a sliced jalapeño with the bell peppers.
- Prepare the chicken and veggies ahead of time and store in fridge up to 3 days until ready to use.
Storing Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Storing: Store any leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge up to 4 days.
Freezing: This is a great freezer meal. Add the seasoned and oiled sliced chicken and veggies to freezer safe air tight containers or zip top bags. Label, date and freeze for up to 4 months.
Thawing: Thaw overnight in the fridge, then follow directions for baking.
Reheating: Reheat any leftovers over low heat on the stove or in the microwave until warmed through.
Other Delicious Sheet Pan Recipes:
- Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables
- Simple Roasted Chicken Breasts
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, thinly sliced in strips
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ orange bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced
- ½ large red onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 12 fajita sized tortillas
- cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream, diced tomatoes, avocados, salsa, guacamole, pico de gallo
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly grease them.
- In a large bowl or zip top bag, combine the sliced peppers and onions. Add 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, ½ teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Shake or toss to evenly coat all the veggies.
- Spread the veggies out in a single layer on sheet pans.
- In the same bowl or bag, add the sliced chicken and the remaining taco seasoning, salt and olive oil. Toss or shake to coat evenly.
- Arrange the chicken on the sheet pans with the veggies.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping the chicken and veggies and rotating the pans half way through cooking.
- During the last 5 minutes of cook time, wrap the tortillas in foil and put them in the oven to warm up.
- Drizzle chicken and veggies with the lime juice.
- Serve with warm tortillas, cilantro, lime wedges, sour cream, diced tomatoes, avocado, salsa, guacamole or pico de gallo.
Leave a Reply