This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables is an incredible one pan dinner with juicy chicken breasts and caramelized veggies topped with a homemade honey mustard sauce. A healthy, quick and easy dinner that the whole family will love!
I have been obsessed with sheet pan dinners recently. Well, I'm obsessed with any dinner that is super easy, has easy clean up and tastes amazing too! Sheet pan dinners have been my life lately. It don't get much easier than throw it on a pan, season it up and toss it in oven. That's basically what you do for any sheet pan dinner. Super Simple!
This honey mustard chicken with veggies sheet pan dinner is so flavorful thanks to the homemade honey mustard sauce, which is just as simple to whip up as the dinner is. Chicken breasts, asparagus, brussels sprouts, mushrooms and red onion drizzled with honey mustard are roasted together creating a scrumptious dinner that is savory but also has hints of sweetness. I can't say much more, except it is AMAZING!
Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables Ingredients
- Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- Brussels Sprouts
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Minced Garlic
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless, skinless breasts no more than 1 inch thick works best with this sheet pan recipe. Anything thicker or with a bone will take a lot longer to cook.
- Vegetables: You can substitute with any of your favorite vegetables. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots, Squash, Fennel, or Potatoes (diced into bite size pieces) are all delicious options.
- Olive Oil: You can use avocado, vegetable or canola oil, but olive oil tastes the best for roasting. I like to use an olive oil mister and just spray all the veggies and chicken once they are on the pan.
- Spicy Brown Mustard: Substitute with any good Dijon mustard you prefer. I'm picky about mustard because it is not my favorite ingredient, but I really like spicy brown mustard in this recipe.
- Lemon Juice: Fresh is best, but bottled will work. Bottled lemon juice tends to be a bit more acidic but the honey in this recipe will help cut the acidity.
- Thyme and Rosemary: You can use basil, oregano, Italian seasoning or the spices you prefer most.
How to Make One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken with Vegetables
- Trim the chicken breasts if needed, and then butterfly, slice in half or pound the breasts so they are all 1 inch thick.
- Lay the chicken in the center of two parchment lined rimmed baking sheets.
- Next prepare all the veggies. Trim the asparagus, slice the brussels sprouts and mushrooms, and cut the red onion into wedges.
- Then place the veggies around the chicken on the sheet pans.
- Now either spray or drizzle the chicken and veggies with olive oil and toss them a bit to coat everything.
- Season it all with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the mustard, honey, garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt and black pepper then whisk it until smooth.
- Next, spoon some sauce over the chicken breasts and drizzle the rest over the veggies.
- Lastly, roast at 400°F for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and has reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Is this Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables Healthy?
For sure! This dinner is filled with healthy veggies and lean protein. The sauce is sweetened naturally with honey making this dinner low calorie, low carb and packed with nutrients.
Can I Make this Sheet Pan Dinner Ahead of Time?
To make this dinner ahead of time, trim and cut the chicken and veggies and store them separately in the fridge. Then make the honey mustard sauce and store in fridge as well. The night you want to make this, assemble it all on sheet pans, drizzle with the sauce and roast following the recipe directions.
FAQs About Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables
The obvious, honey and a type of mustard along with various spices and some sort of acid like lemon juice or vinegar. Some honey mustard sauces are made creamy by adding mayonnaise.
Chicken is a nice mild protein that almost any vegetable pairs well with it. Potatoes cooked various ways are a very popular side served with chicken along with green beans, broccoli, sweet potatoes, carrots, asparagus and brussels sprouts.
Honey mustard sauce is great on a lot of things. It can be used as a dressing on salads, as a sauce for dipping vegetables, chicken, or fries, or drizzled on top of roasted vegetables.
More Family Friendly Chicken Recipes:
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs
- Chicken Dumpling Soup
- Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Crock Pot Pizza Chicken
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Simple Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Nachos
- Baked Cumin Chicken
- Chicken and Noodles
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
- Chicken and Potato Stew
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken
Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 16 oz asparagus, trimmed
- 16 oz brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 4 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut in wedges
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried
- ½ teaspoon rosemary, dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line two large rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Butterfly, slice or pound the chicken breasts so they are 1 inch thick.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in the center of the sheet pans.
- Place the veggies around the chicken.
- Drizzle or spray olive oil over the chicken and veggies. Give it all a gentle toss to evenly coat everything.
- Season the chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
- Combine the honey mustard sauce ingredients: spicy brown mustard, honey, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Whisk it until it's smooth.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and drizzle over the vegetables.
- Roast the chicken and vegetables for 20-25 minutes until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Reply