This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This simple and flavorful Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken will become your new go to dinner meal the whole family will love! It's healthy, low-carb, and full of flavor!
I love healthy meals that are also comforting. I mean, anything with bacon is comforting, am I right? This meal is exactly that, comforting and healthy. The kids went nuts for this meal the first time I made it. So crazy, that I have to double the recipe every time I make it so they can all have seconds. That is definitely something I won't complain about. This meal is healthy enough that I don't give a hoot how much they eat of it!
What You Need to Make Cheesy Broccoli Chicken with Bacon
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut small
- 1 cup shredded co-jack cheese
What are Chicken Cutlets?
Chicken cutlets are simply chicken breasts cut in half to create thin pieces. The hardest part of creating chicken cutlets is cutting the chicken in half evenly. If needed, the chicken can be pounded with a meat mallet to even it out. They are also available already cut for you in the meat department of the grocery store.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Cheesy Broccoli
First step, lay the bacon on a cutting board or baking sheet spread out.
Next, prepare the chicken. Place a chicken cutlet on top of each piece of bacon, both should be laying the same direction. Then rub the oil over both sides of each piece of chicken. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken and rub in with your hands.
Now its time to add the broccoli and cheese. Evenly place the broccoli florets on the wider end of the chicken pieces and top with cheese.
Finally, take the thinner side of the chicken and pull it over the broccoli and cheese. You'll have to hold the chicken ends together and then take the piece of bacon and wrap it around the chicken to hold everything in place. Place the chicken, seam side down in a 9x13 baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
Bake the chicken in a 375° preheated oven for 40-45 minutes and until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 160°. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing and dicing.
Here are some more family favorite chicken recipes you might like to try!
- Backed Cumin Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
Try out this Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken recipe and let me know how much you enjoy it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lay slices of bacon on a cutting board or baking sheet.
- Lay the chicken on top of the bacon, facing the same direction.
- Rub the oil over both sides of the chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle it over both sides of chicken pieces and rub into chicken.
- Evenly place the broccoli florets on the wider end of the chicken pieces. Top the broccoli with the cheese.
- Take the thinner side of the chicken and fold it over the broccoli. Holding the ends of chicken together, wrap the bacon around the chicken to hold it all together.
- Place the chicken seam side down in a 9x13 dish. Repeat with rest of chicken and bacon.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until internal temp of thickest part of chicken is 160°. Let chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving and slicing.