This Bruschetta Chicken Recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that is loaded with flavor. Simple roasted chicken breasts are topped with fresh mozzarella and a classic tomato and basil bruschetta that is ready in 30 minutes and incredibly delicious!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why We Love Bruschetta Chicken
- Super easy recipe to make.
- Ready to devour in 30 minutes.
- It's a healthy dinner that everyone loves.
- Requires very little clean up.
- So much flavor with such simple ingredients.
Bruschetta Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- Roma Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Basil
- Black Pepper
- Chicken Breasts
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Fresh Mozzarella Slices
- Balsamic Glaze
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is essential in this recipe. I don't suggest substituting it. You want to use the olive oil so you get good flavor in the bruschetta and on the chicken.
- Roma Tomatoes: you can use any tomato that you have in your garden or that is on sale at the store. I like to use Roma's because they have less seeds and hold up better.
- Fresh Basil: If needed you can substitute dried basil, however fresh is best in this recipe.
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be substituted.
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese: If you don't want to splurge on fresh mozzarella you can use 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Balsamic Glaze: this is totally optional, but incredibly delicious drizzled over the bruschetta chicken as a final garnish. You can use the store bought bottled kind or make your own with 1 cup of balsamic vinegar and 3 tablespoons of brown sugar. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat until reduced by half and slightly thickened. Once it cools it thickens more.
This delicious chicken recipe with traditional bruschetta flavors is a healthy meal you can devour and feel good about! Plus its quick to make, making it a great recipe to enjoy on busy weeknights.
How to Make Easy Bruschetta Chicken
- First, heat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Then you need to prepare your chicken. Make sure they are all about the same thickness for even cooking. I like to take the chicken breasts and just slice them in half creating thin chicken cutlets.
- Next, coat the chicken in olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Sprinkle the blend evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Place chicken in oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- Now, while the chicken roasts, mix up the homemade bruschetta by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes, chopped basil, salt and black pepper. Set bruschetta aside.
- When the chicken is done, place about 1 ½ slices of fresh mozzarella cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- Place chicken back in the oven and bake another 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
- While the chicken is resting, evenly scoop the bruschetta mixture over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Garnish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Baked Bruschetta Chicken
This chicken bruschetta recipe is delicious served next to some pasta or zucchini noodles with a side salad, veggie or crusty bread. Here are some of our favorite sides to have with this yummy chicken dish.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread
- Easy Garlic Bread
Make it Ahead
This is a great make ahead and meal prep dish!
To make it ahead, make the bruschetta and place it in an air tight container. Then roast the chicken per the recipe directions but leave the cheese off until the day you want to serve. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
To serve the bruschetta chicken, add the fresh mozzarella to the tops of the chicken and then either warm it in the microwave or in a low oven heat until the cheese has melted and the chicken is warmed through. Top the chicken with the bruschetta, drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
Storing Bruschetta Chicken
You can store any leftovers in the fridge in an air tight container. It is best to store the bruschetta and the chicken separately if possible.
To reheat, warm the chicken in the microwave or in a low oven and then top with the bruschetta.
Tips for Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Make sure all the chicken breasts are the same size so they all cook evenly. The breasts should be around ½ inch thick.
- Roast the chicken at high heat to lock in juices.
- Use an instant read thermometer so you don't overcook your chicken. Cook chicken until the thickest part reaches 160°F.
- Let the chicken rest. This is extremely important! It needs time to rest so the juices can redistribute throughout the piece of chicken. If you cut into it right away, all the juices will come flooding out and you will be left with dry chicken.
- If you can keep the chicken and bruschetta separate until you are ready to serve the chicken. That way if you have leftovers, you can store them separately in the fridge.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes:
- Simple Roasted Chicken Breasts
- Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Meatballs
- Baked Cumin Chicken
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
Bruschetta Chicken Recipe
- Heat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Make sure the chicken is all the same thickness, about ½ inch thick. Coat the chicken breasts with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Evenly sprinkle the blend on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is roasting, make the bruschetta: combine the Roma tomatoes, olive oil, minced garlic, basil, salt and black pepper. Mix it all together well and set aside.
- When the chicken is done, place about 1½ slices of fresh mozzarella on each piece of chicken and place back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese has melted and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
- While the chicken rests for at least 5 minutes, top it evenly with the bruschetta.
- Serve and enjoy!