Easy Peasy Garlic Bread is buttery, garlicky and the easiest and best side dish to any pasta dish or bowl of soup. Only 3 simple ingredients needed to have this delicious bread on your table for dinner.
This post was originally posted on 08/14/2018 and updated on 07/7/2022.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why this is the Best Garlic Bread Recipe
- So easy to make! It literally takes minutes to get in the oven and only requires 3 ingredients!
- Takes just a few minutes to prep and only 20 minutes to bake, making it a perfect side dish to any pasta, soup or salad!
- Tastes amazing! Easy food can taste amazing and this recipe proves it!
Ingredients for the Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
- French Bread Loaf
- Salted Butter
- Dried Minced Garlic
Best Bread for Garlic Bread
French bread or Italian bread is the best bread for garlic bread because it has a sturdy crust and a soft and chewy texture. It holds up well when baked in the oven.
Dried Garlic vs Fresh Garlic
You can use either type of garlic for this recipe. You can even use garlic powder. Each type of garlic will leave just a slightly different level of intensity with the garlic flavor. I like using dried minced garlic. Mainly because that's how I grew up eating it, but also because I love how the dried garlic rehydrates while baking. It ends up having the best flavor and texture, especially combined with the butter! When using the dried garlic it is easier to evenly sprinkle over the bread. Fresh garlic will still have moisture so it can be finicky when trying to create an even layer. You are more than welcome to use whichever garlic you like better.
This Easy Peasy Garlic Bread is my all time favorite garlic bread. It has been my favorite since I was a little girl. I asked for it often! My kids now ask for it all the time, and I don't mind one bit because as an adult it is still one of my favorite side dishes.
How to Make Easy Garlic Bread in Oven
- Cut the loaf of French bread in half lengthwise and lay open side up.
- Spread the butter evenly over both pieces of bread, and then liberally sprinkle with the minced garlic.
- Put the halves of bread back together and then wrap with aluminum foil closing the ends.
- Bake the bread at 375°F for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil, slice bread into 12 slices and serve. Hide the "butts" of the bread for yourself before serving! Does anyone else's family go crazy for the butts? It's a fight in our house for those end pieces, so I just hide them for myself.
What to Serve with Easy Peasy Garlic Bread
- Baked Rigatoni Casserole
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Classic Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Baked Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken and Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Crock Pot Beef Bolognese
- Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Crock Pot Busy Day Steak
- Manicotti with Meat Sauce
- Grandma's Famous Meatloaf
- Baked Potato Soup
Storing Easy Homemade Garlic Bread
If there are any leftovers, add the sliced garlic bread to a zip top bag or wrap in aluminum foil. Store bread on the counter or in bread box. The garlic bread will last 3-4 days.
To warm the bread: wrap a few slices in aluminum foil and place in a heated 350°F oven to warm through. You can also heat in microwave for 15-30 seconds, without the foil.
Other Delicious Side Dishes:
- Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread
- Roasted Asparagus
- Homemade Garlic Breadsticks
- Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Easy Dinner Rolls
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Cheese Drop Biscuits
- No Knead Dinner Rolls
Easy Peasy Garlic Bread
- 1 pound French bread loaf
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Slather both halves with 2 tablespoons of butter each.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of minced garlic on each half of bread.
- Place halves back together and wrap loaf in aluminum foil closing ends.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and slice into 12 pieces. Serve and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply