This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread is crisp, yet soft and chewy inside with the most perfect hint of garlic and Parmesan cheese. This easy homemade bread is perfect for sandwiches, dipping in soup, or serving with your favorite pasta dish.
I used to be so afraid of making homemade bread, it was a bit stressful. Trying to get the perfect texture so it wouldn't end up a dense, hard rock was always a challenge. Then I stumbled upon a recipe while with my grandma. We used to sit and read cookbooks together, marking recipes we wanted to try. Focaccia bread was one of those recipes I marked. I made it once and it was so easy and so good. Then I got brave and started adding my own favorite flavors, garlic and Parmesan! Now this easy homemade bread is a staple in our house.
How to Make Easy Homemade Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread
You Will Need
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 package active dry yeast (or 2-¼ teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus some for topping
- 1 tablespoon dry minced garlic
- 1-½ cups warm water
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for greasing dish and drizzling on top
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, or rosemary
Make the Bread
Second, add the warm water and olive oil and mix until a soft dough forms. Cover the bowl and set in a warm area for 30-45 minutes until the dough has doubled in size.
Third, grease a 9x13 pan with olive oil. Once the dough has double, turn it into the greased dish and spread out to edges of pan. Dimple the dough with your fingertips. Drizzle about a tablespoon or so of oil on top of the dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley and a little extra salt. Cover again and set aside.
Now you will want to preheat your oven to 375°. Once the oven is preheated, bake the bread uncovered for 30 minutes. Let the bread rest 10 minutes before slicing and devouring.
You may also like some of these other homemade favorites!
After you try this amazing and easy homemade Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread, let me know how much you love it in the comments below! You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread
- In a large mixing bowl combine: flour, yeast, sugar, salt and garlic and mix together.
- Stir in the water and olive oil until it is all completely mix together. Cover with a clean towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm area for 30-45 minutes and until doubled in size.
- Once the dough has risen, turn it over into a greased 9x13 pan. Spread and push the dough to the edges of the pan. Using your fingertips, dimple the dough. Drizzle with about a tablespoon of extra olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and extra salt. Cover dough and place back in warm area.
- Preheat the oven 375°.
- Once the oven is preheated, uncover dough and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the bread rest and cool for 10 minutes before slicing.