This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Beef Barley Stew in the Crock Pot is the perfect dish for this cold weather that's here!!! It's warm, hearty and super easy! The beef becomes so tender it melts in your mouth! Another option would be Venison too! I've used both and they both become very tender and delicious!
This stew is also freezable and makes a great freezer meal. Prepare a double batch and freeze the extra batch for an even easier meal on those busy or "don't feel like cooking" nights.
Serve it up with some yummy Easy Peasy Garlic Bread for dipping and a small side salad. Enjoy!!
Beef Barley Stew in the Crock Pot
- 1 pound beef stew meat, diced small, Venison works well with this recipe too
- 3 large carrots , diced small
- 3 celery stalks, diced small
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 medium green pepper, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups beef broth, 1 box or 2 cans
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or honey
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon, or 1 cube
- ½ cup pearl barley
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- Put it all in the crock pot!
- Cook on low 8-10 hours (this options is best!) or on high 4-5 hours.
- For Freezer: Place all ingredients in a gallon freezer zip top bag and place in freezer flat. Thaw overnight and place in crock pot and follow cooking instructions above.