This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This Ground Turkey Chili Recipe is an easy and healthy dinner that is on the table in 30 minutes making it perfect for busy weeknights. It's packed with all the classic chili flavors but also has a hint of summer to make this chili enjoyable all year round!
This chili is really delicious and such a breeze to make. It's a one pot meal that only takes a few minutes to prepare. A comforting and cozy chili that has flavors of BBQ sauce, summer corn and beer. Which makes this chili a winner any day of the year!
Here are some more comforting chili recipes you may enjoy: Easy Three Bean Chili and Crock Pot White Chicken Chili. Plus, if you never know what to do with the leftovers try this Easy Chili Mac Skillet.
Ground Turkey Chili Recipe Ingredients
- Ground Turkey
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's
- Smoked Paprika
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Green Bell Pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Black Beans
- Chili Beans
- Frozen Corn
- Ground Turkey: Ground chicken or beef can be substituted.
- 21 Seasoning Salute: A basic season blend like grill seasoning or Mrs. Dash season blend can be substituted.
- Smoked Paprika: Regular paprika will work too.
- Green Bell Pepper: Any color bell pepper will be delicious!
- Beer: I use a light beer when I make this. Any nice beer will work, use what you like to drink. Or you can use chicken or beef broth instead of the beer.
- BBQ Sauce: Use your favorite BBQ sauce. I like to use a honey BBQ sauce, but a smoked or spicy sauce would be great too.
- Beans: I like to use black beans and chili beans in this chili. The black beans go well with corn and chili beans give an extra amp of flavor. You could use kidney beans, great northern beans or leave the beans out if your prefer.
- Frozen Corn: A can of corn will work too, drain it before adding to chili.
How to Make Ground Turkey Chili
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven add the olive oil, ground turkey, chili powder, 21 seasoning salute, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble and cook the turkey on medium heat until its about half way done, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and green pepper and cook until the veggies are soft, about another 3-4 minutes.
- Then deglaze the pot with the beer, stir it good and scrape all the bits off the bottom of the pot. Let the beer simmer for 5 minutes to cook off the alcohol.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and BBQ sauce.
- Lastly stir in the black beans, chili beans, and frozen corn.
- Bring the chili to a low bubble, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!
Best Ground Turkey Chili Toppings
- Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Saltine Crackers
- Cilantro Leaves
- Minced Red Onion
- Avocado Slices
- Corn Chips
- Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- Green Onions
- Hot Sauce
How to Make Ground Turkey Chili in the Crock Pot
- Brown the ground turkey with the olive oil and seasonings over medium heat until about half way cooked. Add the onion and green pepper and cook until soft.
- Stir in the beer and scrape the bits off the bottom of the pot. Let the beer simmer with the turkey for about 5 minutes.
- Add it all to your crock pot.
- Then stir in all the remaining ingredients: tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, beans and corn.
- Cover and cook the chili on low for 4-6 hours.
How to Freeze Chili
This chili recipe freezes great. Let any leftover chili cool completely and then add it to freezer safe air tight containers or zip top bags. Label, date and freeze. It will last 3-4 months in the freezer. I like to freeze it in individual portions for school lunches and the hubs to take to work for lunch.
FAQs About Ground Turkey Chili Recipe
Let any leftover chili cool and then store in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
A dash of Worcestershire sauce, a tablespoon or two of BBQ sauce, or a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder can really enhance the flavors of chili.
Yes, ground turkey, pork or chicken can be used instead of ground beef in chili.
Yes, ground chicken is great option to used in place of the turkey. Cooked shredded or diced chicken would also work.
Other Delicious Soup Recipes:
- Easy Zuppa Toscano Soup
- Chicken Dumpling Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Split Pea Soup
- Chicken Taco Soup
- Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Ham and Potato Soup
Ground Turkey Chili
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe's 21 seasoning salute
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup light beer, or broth
- 14 oz tomato sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Add olive oil, ground turkey, chili powder, 21 seasoning salute, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and Worcestershire sauce to a large dutch oven or soup pot, over medium heat. Cook the turkey until it's half way done, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped onion and green pepper and cook until soft, another 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the beer and scrape the bits off the bottom of the pot. Let the beer cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and bbq sauce.
- Add the black beans, chili beans and frozen corn.
- Bring the chili to a low bubble and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!