This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Smashed Potatoes are so easy and quick to make with mini creamer potatoes. These delicious potatoes turn out crispy on the outside, yet creamy in the middle. They make the perfect side dish any day of the week.
Have I mentioned that other than dessert my family would rather eat meat and potato dishes than anything else? Its true, I mean I understand why, potatoes are so versatile and can be made many different ways. Plus, let's be honest they are freaking delicious, and so are these easy Smashed Potatoes. They are a great way to change up the potato side dish norm and create a crispy, creamy and tasty potato side dish everyone will love!
Ingredients for Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Creamer Potato Variations
If you can't find creamer potatoes, you can also use:
- Baby Red Potatoes
- Small Yukon Gold Potatoes
You want the potatoes to only be about 2 inches in diameter and no bigger than 3 inches. Any bigger and the potatoes will take too long to roast and will be starchy and not creamy. The smaller the better.
How to Make Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Step 1: Roast the Potatoes
Toss the washed potatoes in olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to a parchment lined rimmed baking sheet and roast in 425° oven for 15-25 minutes until fork tender but not mushy. Time will depend on the size of your potatoes.
Step 2: Smash the Potatoes
Using a potato masher or the bottom of a glass, smash the potatoes so they are all about the same thickness.
Step 3: Butter Em
Brush the smashed potatoes with melted butter.
Step 4: Make Em Crispy
Bake the potatoes for another 10-15 minutes until skins are crispy.
Step 5: Devour
Eat the potatoes as is, or add some sour cream, shredded cheese, or ketchup.
What to Serve with Smashed Potatoes
Potatoes are such a great side dish and they go with almost anything. Here are some of my families favorites to have with delicious and crispy Smashed Potatoes.
- Bacon Wrapped Cheesy Broccoli Chicken
- Family Favorite Sloppy Joes
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Drip Beef Sandwiches
- Crispy Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Iowa Maid Rites
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs
- Easy Turkey Burgers
More Potato Side Dish Recipes
- Oven Fries
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole
Give these scrumptious, easy and crispy Smashed Potatoes a try and let me know how much you enjoy them in the comments below! Please add a star rating too! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
- 1½ pounds small creamer potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on parchment lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast in oven for 15-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender, but not mushy. Time will depend on size of potatoes.
- Smash potatoes with bottom of glass or potato masher so all the potatoes are about the same thickness.
- Brush smashed potatoes with melted butter.
- Bake potatoes for another 10-15 minutes until skins are nice and crispy.
Leave a Reply