This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Easy Turkey Burgers are just that, easy and simple. They cook up perfectly juicy and are incredibly quick to get on the dinner table. A great weeknight meal the family will enjoy!
Ok, who loves burgers? We love burgers in this family. I make them every couple weeks. However, I really like to switch it up sometimes and serve something beside a good ole juicy beef burger. Switching things up helps keep dinner time exciting! That's exactly how my family fell in love with these super simple, yet extremely flavorful and juicy turkey burgers. These burgers are made without breadcrumbs and only need 4 simple ingredients to be delicious. They are a perfect healthy dinner that is so easy to prepare, quick to cook and can be made all year long!
Ingredients for Easy Turkey Burgers without Breadcrumbs
- Lean Ground Turkey
- 21 Season Salute from Trader Joe's (or your favorite seasoning blend, Mrs. Dash is good too)
- Olive oil for cooking
And all the burger fixings you like!
- Hamburger Buns
- Sliced Cheese
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Sliced Onions
Tip for Making Juicy & Easy Turkey Burgers
- Use 93% Lean ground turkey, anything leaner will result in dry burgers.
- Use your favorite spice blend. I happen to love the Trader Joe's 21 Season Salute, but you can use your favorite. I like Mrs. Dash season blend too.
- Don't overwork the meat when mixing and making the burger patties. It will make the meat tough.
- Oil the grill grates to prevent sticking or preheat oil in skillet to get a nice seared crust.
- Make it fun! Have some fun with new toppings or different buns to make the meal exciting.
How to Make the Best Turkey Burgers
Step 1: Mix the ingredients together, gently. You want to work quickly but gently so you don't over work the meat.
Step 2: Form the meat into patties. I like to score the meat with my fingers into 8 patties first and then shape them. Scoring them will help assure the patties are all the same size so they all cook evenly. To shape the patties, I make a ball, flatten it between my palms and then press the middle of the patty thinner than the outside. This will prevent the patty from puffing up in the middle.
Step 3: Cook the burger. These delicious turkey burgers can be cooked on the grill or on the stove top. Both methods are quick and result in juicy burgers.
Cooking Turkey Burgers on the Grill
Before your turn on the grill, I like to rub the grates with a little olive oil so the burgers don't stick. Put a little olive oil on a cloth or paper towel and rub it on the grates. A little goes a long way. Then turn on the grill to medium-high heat. Once the grill is heated, place burgers on grill and cook covered over direct heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping only once.
Cooking Turkey Burgers on the Stove
To make these tasty burgers on the stove top, I like to use a grill pan or a cast iron pan. Both work great. For the grill pan rub a little olive oil on the grooves and heat over medium-high heat. If using a cast iron or other skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Place burgers on grill pan or in skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping only once.
How to tell Turkey Burgers are Fully Cooked
This will all depend on how thick you make your patties. The times I've given above are how long my patties cook, when I score the meat and flatten the middles. To ensure your burgers are fully cooked use a thermometer. Pull the burgers off the heat when the thermometer reaches 160° and cover them with foil. Then let the burgers rest for 5 minutes to finish cooking.
Here are some more quick meals you might like to try to switch up some weeknight dinners!
- Family Favorite Sloppy Joes
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Easy Tomato Soup
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Italian Sloppy Joes
- Favorite French Toast-Breakfast for dinner is always fun!
- Grilled Spiced Pork Chops
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Give these juicy and tasty Easy Turkey Burgers a try and let me know what you think of them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Easy Turkey Burgers
- Gently mix the ground turkey, season blend, salt and pepper together.
- Score the meat into 8 equal portions and form into 8 patties.
On the Gas Grill
- Rub a little olive oil on the grill grates.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Cook burgers over direct heat and covered for 3-4 minutes on each side, only flipping once.
On the Stove Top
- Rub olive oil on grill pan or heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil in skillet, turn heat on to medium high.
- Cook burgers 4-5 minutes on each side, flipping once.
- Use a thermometer to check if burgers are fully cooked. Burgers should be removed from heat at 160°, covered with foil and left to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with all your favorite toppings: hamburger buns, cheese, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, cooked bacon, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise...