This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This French Toast is going to make you scream YESSSSSSSSS after you taste it! It is filled with amazing custard and cinnamon flavor, then drench it in some pure maple syrup and you won't be able contain yourself! You will be smiling all day after an amazing Favorite French Toast meal! I'm seriously not kidding...
French toast is my all time favorite breakfast food. I love it so much, I often make it for dinner too. Or "brinner" as my kids have nicknamed breakfast for dinner meals. Which ever time of day you decide to make this Favorite French Toast, you will not be disappointed! I call this delicious breakfast Favorite French Toast, because it is all my guests favorite breakfast when they come to visit. It is very easy and quick to make for company. They too will not be disappointed.
Plus, the kids can help! My kids love to help. I delegate so there are no tears in the kitchen. They both help with adding ingredients and whisking together. Then, one child will help dunk the bread in the custard and place on the griddle, while the other child is standing with a spatula in hand waiting to flip the toast. And... the eldest child... she has no desire to help in the kitchen, so she has become our go to taste tester! She does that job well!
What you will need:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or milk
- Preheat a griddle to 350 or medium heat.
- Slice the French bread at a diagonal.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Dunk the slices of bread in the custard and place on the preheated griddle.
- Cook each side of toast for 2-3 minutes, until a deep golden brown and there is no raw custard visible.
- Lather with butter, powdered sugar, berries, peanut butter, hazelnut spread, or chocolate chips, next drench with syrup and DIG IN!
Don't worry... Be happy... The printable recipe is below!
Try some of these other fabulous breakfast foods that go well with a stream of syrup as well!
Follow me on Social Media and Pin the recipe for later!
Favorite French Toast
- Preheat griddle to 350 or a pan to medium heat, if needed grease the pan with melted butter.
- Slice French Bread about 1 in thick at a diagonal.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon very well until cinnamon is all incorporated and not clumped together.
- Slowly whisk in milk.
- Dunk the sliced bread into the custard and place on the griddle.
- Cook each side about 2-3 minutes until a deep golden brown and there is no more raw custard visible.
- Lather with butter, powdered sugar, berries, peanut butter, hazelnut spread, or chocolate chips, then drench with syrup and DIG IN! Enjoy!