This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches are a hearty and filling meal, perfect for busy and early mornings. These make ahead sandwiches are simple to make, easy to re-heat and are a great grab and go breakfast!
There is no arguing that I love having food in my freezer. I have a sense of security and fulfillment when my freezer is stocked. Having delicious hearty meals ready when you are in a pinch or a big hurry is such a relief sometimes. That's why I love these breakfast sandwiches. They are super quick to make and get in the freezer, and you can make them anyway you like! When you are feeling rushed on your next busy morning, no need to worry about breakfast because it will be in your freezer!
Ingredients Needed to Make Breakfast Sandwiches for the Freezer
- Sliced Cheese - use your favorite sliced cheese, we like to use colby-jack and provolone.
- Deli Ham - Thin sliced deli ham works the best for reheating reasons.
- Canadian Bacon
- Cooked Bacon
- Cooked Sausage Patties
- English Muffins
How to Make Easy Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Step 1: Cook the Bacon and Sausage
Preparing the meat first gives it time to cool down a bit before you assemble and freeze the sandwiches. I bake my bacon and you can read all about in my post How To Bake Bacon. Once the bacon and sausage are done, place them on paper towels on a plate or sheet pan and let all the meat drain grease and cool.
Step 2: Bake the Eggs
Yes, you read that right! Bake the eggs! Baking the eggs makes these sandwiches perfect for meal prepping and batch cooking. You'll whisk the eggs until frothy, add some salt and pepper, pour into a greased 9x13 dish and bake for 15-17 minutes in a 350° oven. Once the eggs are done, slice them into 6, 8 or 12 equal portions. I cut them into 6 pieces when making bagels since bagel rounds are larger than English muffins.
Step 3: Assemble the Sandwiches
An easy way to assemble the sandwiches is to lay it all out. Open the English muffins or bagels and create an assembly line with the remaining ingredients. Layer the bottom half of the muffins or bagels starting with the egg, then your choice of meat, sliced cheese and finish with the top half of the muffin or bagel.
Step 4: Wrap the Sandwiches
Wrap the assembled sandwiches in either plastic wrap or parchment paper and label them so you know which kind of sandwiches you made. We usually make an assortment of bacon and ham sandwiches so we have a variety on hand.
How to Freeze Breakfast Sandwiches
Freezing these sandwiches is super simple. Take the wrapped sandwiches and place them in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bags. Don't forget to label and date your food!
How to Re-heat Breakfast Sandwiches from Freezer
Using the microwave is the method we use most, because my kids can do it themselves in the morning.
To reheat from frozen: take the plastic off the sandwich, wrap in a damp paper towel and microwave for 2 minutes, flip the sandwich over and microwave another 1-2 minutes until heated through.
To reheat thawed: thaw the sandwiches overnight, unwrap sandwich and microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
If you need a lot done at the same time, the oven method works great. This method works best with thawed sandwiches. Thaw the sandwiches overnight, remove the plastic wrap and then wrap them in aluminum foil. Bake the sandwiches for 15-20 minutes at 350°.
Looking for more meal prep and freezer friendly meals? Check these recipes out!
- Mini Ham & Cheese Frittatas
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Family Favorite Sloppy Joes
- Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
- Baked Rigatoni Casserole
- Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Turkey & Zucchini Meatballs
Make these delicious and hearty Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches and stock your freezer, then let me know how much you liked them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- 12 large eggs
- 6 strips bacon, cooked
- 12 slices deli ham
- 12 slices cheese , provolone, co-jack, or cheddar
- 12 English Muffins
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs until frothy, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into greased dish and bake for 15-17 minutes and until eggs are set. Slice into 12 even pieces.
- Create an assembly line with English muffins, bacon, ham and cheese.
- Layer the bottom half of the English Muffins with the egg.
- Lay 1 piece of bacon on top of 6 of the eggs, and lay 2 pieces of ham on the other 6 eggs.
- Top the meat with cheese slices and top half of muffin.
- Wrap the sandwiches in plastic wrap or parchment paper.
- Place the sandwiches in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag labeled and dated.
To Re-heat in Microwave
- From Frozen: Take the plastic off the sandwich and wrap in a damp paper towel. Microwave for 2 minutes. Flip sandwich over and microwave another 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- From Thawed: Thaw sandwiches overnight in fridge, unwrap sandwich and microwave for 1 minute or until heated through.
Re-Heat in Oven
- Thaw sandwiches overnight, unwrap plastic, wrap in aluminum foil and bake in 350° for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.