This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Looking for a quick, easy and healthy meal? This Garlic Butter Shrimp has got you covered! So easy and so tasty, enjoy it with a salad and steamed veggies, or pasta and your meal is complete!
I am telling you this has got to be the easiest recipe ever! It literally takes 15 minutes and the shrimp is ready to devour. It's amazing how much flavor can be developed in such a short amount of time. This recipe makes it happen and ends up so dang good. This shrimp is so delicious with pasta or rice. The pasta and rice absorb all the juices from the shrimp and spreads the love of the flavor all around the plate. It's also good when shared with steamed veggies or a piece of crusty chewy bread! I suggest you just go try it yourself and then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about!
Ingredients Needed to Make Easy and Healthy Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp, raw, peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Shrimp Buying Tips
- Shop for wild caught shrimp instead of farm raised. The difference in taste is remarkable.
- Make sure the package of shrimp you buy is raw and not already cooked.
- To save you a TON of time buy peeled and deveined shrimp.
- Tail on or off doesn't matter, whatever your personal preference is.
- If you are buying shrimp fresh from the butcher or meat counter, ask them to peel and devein the shrimp. Most of them gladly will.
How to Make 15 Minute Garlic Butter Shrimp
First, if you bought frozen shrimp, make sure it's thawed. If you forget to thaw the shrimp, like I have been known to do more often than not, you can run the shrimp under cool water in a colander until it's thawed. Takes about 10 minutes.
Next, add the butter and oil to a large skillet and heat to medium heat. Once the butter is melted and hot, add the thawed and drained shrimp. The shrimp should sizzle when it hits the pan. Depending on the size of your skillet, try to make an even layer of shrimp if possible. Sprinkle the shrimp with some salt, pepper and the Italian Seasoning. Let the shrimp cook for about 3-4 minutes until it starts to turn pink.
Once there is some pink, add the garlic and give the shrimp a flip in the pan, allowing the garlic to spread out with the shrimp as well. Let the shrimp cook for another 3-4 minutes until fully cooked, and then remove pan from heat.
Now this fast and delicious shrimp is ready to serve! You'll notice the juices from the shrimp combined with the butter and garlic create the most flavorful sauce to serve with the shrimp! Use it to your advantage! Add it to some pasta, rice or steamed veggies. This recipe will not disappoint!
Here are some more easy and fast dishes you might like to try!
Try this healthy and easy Garlic Butter Shrimp and let me know what you think in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, add the shrimp in an even layer (as much as you can depending on the size of your pan).
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook shrimp for 3-4 minutes until it just starts to turn pink.
- Add the garlic and flip the shrimp and allow the garlic to mix with the butter.
- Cook the shrimp for another 3-4 minutes until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve.