This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes are insanely delicious cubed sweet potatoes that are easy to make and turn out crispy and extra flavorful. They are the perfect side dish to any meal from breakfast to dinner.
I owe all my new air fryer recipes to my little sister. She gave me my air fryer for my birthday a few years back. Thank you, Sara! I have since fell in love with this appliance. I seriously think I have an appliance obsession! This appliance has been awesome for making these potatoes. My kids were never really big fans of sweet potatoes. They won't eat them at Thanksgiving when they are filled with sugar and marshmallows, but they will eat these ones! They eat them all and ask for them all the time! This is another way to enjoy sweet potatoes and you might be surprised how many people love them like I was.
What is Needed to Make Crispy Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ in cubes
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Maple Syrup or Honey for Dipping, optional
Tips for Cutting Sweet Potatoes Into Cubes
- Peel the potato first and trim the ends.
- Use a very sharp chef's or santuko knife. Dull knifes give you the risk of cutting yourself, which is not what we want!
- If the potato is too hard for your knife, you can microwave it for a minute or two. This will take some of the hardness away and make the cutting easier.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 3 or 4 depending on the size of your potatoes. Then cut those pieces into 3-4 strips. Then cut the strips into ½ inch cubes.
How to Make Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Now add the sweet potatoes to the fryer basket and air fry for 10 minutes. Promptly shake the basket of potatoes and air fry for another 10 minutes.
Check the potatoes at this time. If you can easily pierce them with a fork they are done. If they are still a touch hard, continue to air fry them for another 5 minutes.
Serve these delicious sweet potatoes with some pure maple syrup or honey for dipping. So good!
I don't have an air fryer, can I make them in the oven?
Yes! Please try them in the oven. Toss the potatoes, olive oil, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and then spread them evenly onto a lined baking sheet. Roast them in a 400° oven for 30-35 minutes and until fork tender. Enjoy!
Dishes to serve with Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Ham & Cheese Oven Omelet
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Sausage Gravy Breakfast Enchiladas
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs
If you have an Air Fryer, give these delicious and crispy Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoees
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°
- Toss together the sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt and cinnamon until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Add sweet potatoes to the basket of the air fryer and set timer for 10 minutes.
- Promptly shake the basket and then air fry the sweet potatoes for another 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Optional: serve the sweet potatoes with some pure maple syrup or honey for dipping.