This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This Air Fryer Chickpeas Recipe creates crispy, flavorful, and delicious chickpeas that are perfect for a healthy snack or salad topping. No oven required and they are ready to eat in 15 minutes!
Are you a sweet or salty snacker? I'm both, but lately I have been craving the salt. Instead of eating a whole bag of tortilla chips (which are my favorite) I've been chowing down on these little babes. They turn out so crispy they remind me a bit of corn nuts, but I can eat them without breaking any teeth. Plus, they make a healthy crunchy topping for salads. My kids even love them! They are so easy and so good!
Simple Ingredients for Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Canned Chickpeas, drained, rinsed and patted dry
- Olive or Avocado Oil
How to Dry Chickpeas
This is a simple but essential step to get the crispiest chickpeas. The less moisture on them the better. After the chickpeas are drained and rinsed, spread them out on a few paper towels or a clean towel. Cover them with another towel and roll them around with your hands to dry them. I tend to use paper towels most because they absorb the water best. That's all there is to it!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try...
- Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Zucchini Fries
- Green Beans (MY FAVORITE)!!!
- Garlic Mushrooms
How to Make Crispy Chickpeas in the Air Fryer
Step 1: Prepare the Chickpeas
Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas. Then place the chickpeas in a bowl and toss them with the oil and salt.
Step 2: Preheat the Air Fryer
Some recipes don't require preheating, but I think it is the best way to get the crispiest result. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F.
Step 3: Fry the Chickpeas
Add the chickpeas to the air fryer basket or tray and fry them for 15 minutes, shaking them half way through the cook time.
Tips for Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Air Fryer brands and sizes may cause the fry time to fluctuate. Shake the chickpeas around 8 minutes, check them at 15 minutes and check for crispiness. It's ok of you need to tack on a few minutes to the fry time to get your preferred doneness.
- Be sure to dry the chickpeas. The chickpeas will not achieve ideal crispiness if you don't take that extra simple step.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer (I have a 6 quart basket) you can do 2 cans of chickpeas at a time, however the fry time will increase anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
- Cool chickpeas completely before storing in an air tight container or zip top bag. Moisture from any steam will cause the chickpeas to get soggy.
- Get creative with your flavors. You can use taco seasoning, chili powder, cinnamon & sugar, pumpkin pie spice, there are a lot of options. Add the extra seasoning when there is only 2 minutes left of fry time, this will ensure the season blend will not burn and fall of the chickpeas.
More Snack Ideas...
- Chickpea Peanut Butter Bites
- Banana Nut Bars
- Homemade Granola
- Chocolate Mini Donuts
- Fruit Nachos
- Easy Blueberry Muffins
- French Toast Mini Donuts
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
- Banana Bread Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- Monster Cookie Protein Bites
Try this healthy recipe for Air Fryer Chickpeas and let me know how they turned out in the comments below along with a star rating, please! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Air Fryer Chickpeas Recipe
- Air Fryer
- Preheat air fryer to 375°F.
- Combine dried chickpeas, oil and salt in a bowl and toss to coat all the chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas to air fryer basket or tray.
- Fry for 15 minutes, shaking half way through. Depending on air fryer brand and size, the chickpeas may need to fry an extra few minutes.
- Add additional spices or flavors 2 minutes before fry time has finished.
- Cool completely before storing in air tight container or bag.