This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These Peanut Butter Apple Sandwiches with Granola are a great way to jazz up snacks! A fun and healthy snack that is easy, quick and delicious!
Everyone needs a good snack during the day to beat the hunger pains, and these apple sandwiches are great for that. They are filled with fiber and protein that will help you feel full and keep those hunger pains abate until lunch or dinner! Plus, these snacks only require 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to make!
Apple Peanut Butter Granola Sandwich Ingredients
- Apple: Any kind of apple will work. Use what you have in fridge or on your counter. I like Honeycrisp apples the best, but my kids like Gala. So I usually have a mix of both available.
- Peanut Butter: A creamy peanut butter to adhere the granola and make the sandwiches stick.
- Granola: Homemade or store bought granola will work. I always use my Homemade Granola Recipe because I almost always have some in the pantry.
Substitutions for Peanut Butter Apple Sandwiches with Granola
- Apple: You could also make this snack with pears, and if you want to add some veggies into the mix you could use celery.
- Peanut Butter: If you prefer you could use almond butter or any nut butter of your choice. If you need to avoid nuts, sunflower seed butter is a great substitute.
- Granola: Any type of granola will work, get creative with the flavors! If you prefer not to use granola, you can use raisins, other dried fruit, chopped nuts or seeds, or mini chocolate chips to make it a bit sweet.
How to Make Apple Sandwiches with Peanut Butter and Granola
- Core the apple with an apple corer and then slice into 8-10 pieces. An alternative would also to be to slice the apple into 8-10 pieces and then use a small shaped cookie cutter to take the core out of each piece. This is really fun when serving them to kids, and it only takes an extra couple minutes.
- Once the apples are sliced, spread the peanut butter on one side of each apple slice.
- Then sprinkle half of the slices with granola.
- Top the granola covered apple slices with the other half of apples to make sandwiches. Eat away!!!
Tips for the Best Apple Sandwiches with Peanut Butter and Granola
- If you are making the sandwiches ahead of time and packing them for later in the day, mist or brush on a little bit of lemon juice over the exposed part of the apple. This will help stop the apple from oxidizing so fast and turning it brown.
- Spread the peanut butter in one smooth swipe in the same direction. Since the apple will have moisture exposed after being sliced, the peanut butter will not stick if you spread it in a back and forth motion. Or you can also dab the apples with a paper towel to remove some of the moisture before adding peanut butter.
Will eating Apples and Peanut Butter help with weight loss?
Eating Peanut Butter Apple Sandwiches is a great healthy snack that can contribute to a healthy diet or lifestyle. Apples are high in fiber, natural peanut butter is a good source of protein, and eating them together is a great way to help you feel full. In the end, eating apples and peanut butter together can be beneficial when trying to lose weight.
Does an Apple and Peanut Butter make a healthy breakfast?
An apple with some peanut butter is a good start to a healthy breakfast, and it is definitely better than eating nothing. Skipping breakfast is not a healthy thing to do, the longer you wait to eat breakfast the faster your body goes into starvation mode. Then when you finally feed your body, your body is going to store what you ate as fat. No skipping breakfast. Eating an apple and peanut butter in the morning won't cause a sugar spike, which is great! Sugar spikes will leave you feeling hungry sooner which would not be a good start to your morning either. I would suggest adding the peanut butter and sliced apples to a piece of whole grain toast, or eating some yogurt or string cheese along with the apple and peanut butter to create a more balanced meal.
Does Apple Butter go with Peanut Butter?
This is a matter of opinion. I love apple butter and when eaten with peanut butter it reminds me of a PB&J. So yes, I think it goes well with peanut butter. You can most definitely spread a little apple butter and peanut butter on some bread, toast, bagels, or sliced apples.
FAQ About Peanut Butter Apple Sandwiches
Brush or mist a little lemon juice on the outsides of the apple sandwiches. Stacking the sandwiches and then wrapping in plastic wrap also helps.
Stack the sandwiches (this also helps slow down the oxidation on the apples) and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Or you can ultimately use a travel container or zip top bag.
Yes. You can prep them the night before so it's nothing but grab and go in the morning. If you are worried about browning, brush apples with a little bit of lemon juice, stack the sandwiches and wrap in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
More Healthy Snacks:
- Homemade Granola
- Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Applesauce Carrot Muffins
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- French Toast Mini Donuts
- Chickpea Peanut Butter Bites
- Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Ham & Cheese Mini Frittatas
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Monster Cookie Protein Bites
- Chocolate Mini Donuts
Peanut Butter Apple Sandwiches with Granola
- 1 medium apple, any type, honeycrisp, gala, granny smith, etc..
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, natural, low sugar
- 2 teaspoons granola, homemade or store bought
- Core apple and slice into 8-10 pieces.
- Spread thin layer of peanut butter over one side of each apple slice.
- Sprinkle half the apple slices with granola.
- Top granola covered slices with the other half of apples.
- Eat and enjoy!
Leave a Reply