This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Looking for a healthy sweet treat? These Monster Cookie Protein Bites are full of healthy ingredients with all the flavors of a classic monster cookie. Perfect for a pick me up snack or a healthy cure to a sweet tooth craving!
I love monster cookies. I have the best recipe for Monster Cookies! However, sometimes I really like to have a healthier option for all my indulgent treats. These protein bites fit that scenario perfectly. These little babes are filled with all the classic flavors of a monster cookie with an extra special ingredient! They have an extra boost of protein to help keep you satisfied longer. Plus, they are just so fun the whole family likes them!
What's in Monster Cookie Protein Bites?
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup Natural Peanut Butter, creamy
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder, whichever brand you prefer
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, mini M&M's or the combination of both
How to Make Healthy Monster Cookie Bites?
Not much to this recipe. Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them together well. Then using a cookie scoop, portion out the bites and roll them into balls. Place bites onto a parchment lined baking sheet and you can either chill and store them in the fridge or freeze them.
Tips for Delicious Monster Cookie Protein Bites
- Make sure everything is mixed together really well before portioning the bites. If they're not, they won't hold together as well.
- Use rolled oats. It gives the bites a better texture. If you are in a pickle and only have quick oats, they will work.
- Use mini versions of the chocolate chips or M&Ms. The bites will hold together better.
- If you want even more texture in your bites, use crunchy peanut butter.
- For allergy or preference purposes, try a different nut or seed butter.
- Store in fridge or freezer for best results.
How to Freeze Protein Bites
Once the bites are all formed and on a parchment lined baking sheet, just pop the pan in the freezer. Freeze the bites for a hour or so and then place them in a air tighter freezer safe container or zip top bag.
To thaw: take out desired amount the night before and thaw in fridge or thaw on counter for 10-15 minutes. Or eat them frozen like my hubby and kids do!
Here are some more healthier recipes you might like to try!
- Chickpea Peanut Butter Bites
- Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Squares
- Almond Butter Cookies
If you try these Monster Cookie Protein Bites let me know how you like them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Monster Cookie Protein Bites
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup natural peanut butter, creamy
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips or mini M&M's or combination of both
- Combine all ingredients into bowl and mix together very well.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop and portion bites, roll into balls and place on parchment line baking sheet.
- Chill or Freeze. Once chilled or frozen, move to an air tight container or zip top bag for storing in fridge or freezer.