This Yogurt Fruit Dip is an easy and quick dip to whip up that is delicious, slightly sweet and healthy. The perfect centerpiece to any fruit platter for parties, celebrations or just snacks at home.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This easy yogurt fruit dip is a perfect dip to have as a healthy snack served with your favorite fresh fruit.
Why We Love this Yogurt Fruit Dip
- It's such an easy recipe to make. Literally only takes 5 minutes.
- So delicious with fruit, graham crackers and pretzels.
- Only requires 4 simple ingredients.
- It's healthy, let the kids go crazy!
- Perfect for entertaining a crowd or snacking at home.
- It can be customized! See all my variations below!
- Cream Cheese: You can use Neufchatel cheese if you want a little less fat content in your dip.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: You can sub with sour cream if you like, but the tang from the yogurt is really great in this recipe. Vanilla Greek yogurt is also another good substitute, but watch the sugar content. Sometimes flavored yogurt has a lot of added sugars that isn't necessary. Another option is just plain regular yogurt, it is a little looser and not as thick so keep that in mind when making your dip.
- Brown Sugar: Honey or pure maple syrup is an alternative that would still taste great in this dip. You could also use powdered sugar. I like to use brown sugar because it gives a slight caramel flavor that we love in this dip.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Always use the pure extracts, the imitation stuff does not do well especially in unbaked items.
- Add some cinnamon or apple pie spice for a different flavor profile.
- Stir in some lemon, lime or orange zest and juice for a more refreshing dip.
- Add ½ teaspoon of almond extract and some dye-free sprinkles for a fun cake batter variation.
- Stir in a few tablespoons of cocoa powder for a chocolate dip.
- Blend in a couple tablespoons of peanut butter or seed butter for a nutty inspired dip.
This Greek yogurt dip is a great way to serve a delicious snack to your family and friends. Put the bowl of creamy fruit dip in the center of a fruit tray and let them go to town!
How to Make Fruit Dip
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment or with hand mixer and mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and beat on medium speed until creamy and no lumps remain.
- Add the plain Greek yogurt, brown sugar, and pure vanilla extract and beat until fully combined and smooth.
- Add the creamy dip to a serving bowl, cover and chill until ready to serve. Chill at least 30 minutes.
What to Serve with this Easy Fruit Dip Recipe
We love eating strawberries, sliced apples and graham crackers with this dip recipe. Skewer the smaller berries and fruits on a toothpicks for easy dipping. Serve it with all your favorite fruit! Here are some delicious options:
- Sliced Kiwi
- Cut Cantaloupe and Honeydew melons
- Watermelon: Spread a little dip on the watermelon slices and top with some berries for an instant fruit pizza!
- Pretzels: you would not believe how good this is. The sweet and salty gets me every time!
- If by chance you have any dip leftover, it is delicious used in fruit parfaits or spread on pancakes and waffles too!
Storing Fruit Dip with Yogurt
Since this dip is cream cheese and yogurt, it needs to be stored in the fridge in an airtight container. You can leave it out at room temperature for 2 hours before it needs to be chilled again.
If you need to serve this dip longer put the bowl of dip in a larger bowl with ice. It will keep it safe and chilled longer. There are also a lot of serving platters and bowls that have the ice packs in the bottom of them. Totally worth the money if you entertain a lot.
Tips for Yogurt Fruit Dip
- Start with room temperature ingredients. This way the cream cheese will blend smoother easier and the yogurt won't create lumps in the cream cheese when added.
- This recipe doubles well if you are serving a large crowd.
- This dip can be made a day or two ahead of time, just give it a good stir before serving.
More Yummy Dip Recipes:
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Easy Ham Salad Dip
- Onion Soup Mix Dip
- Homemade Queso Cheese Dip
- Fruit Nachos
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Cheese Ball Recipe
Yogurt Fruit Dip
- In a stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand mixer and mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until creamy and no lumps remain.
- Add the Greek yogurt, brown sugar and pure vanilla extract. Beat until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Add dip to serving bowl, cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve with all your favorite fruit, graham crackers, and pretzels and enjoy!