This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Simple Homemade Guacamole is the best accompaniment to your next taco night! So easy to make with just avocados and seasonings I bet you already have on hand!
Taco night is a serious thing at our house. My oldest daughter insists on having tacos every Tuesday. It is most definitely one of her favorite things to eat. If I even mention having something else, I get some serious dirty looks. Who would've thought tacos were so important to a 16 year old! And with tacos come all the fixings, including this Homemade Guacamole. This guacamole is so easy to make, full of flavor and incredibly delicious!
What You Need To Make Homemade Guacamole
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
How To Make Homemade Guacamole
First, you'll have to cut open the avocados. Cut the avocados vertically and twist to open, using a knife or spoon remove the pit. Now, using a spoon scoop out the flesh of the avocado and place in a small bowl.
Next, mash together the avocado and lime juice until smooth.
Lastly, stir in the remaining ingredients, serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.
- When choosing the avocados at the store, choose ones that still have some green streaks and are still slightly firm. They will ripen fully on your counter within a few days and become a bit softer to the touch.
- If you can only find full green avocados and need to ripen them faster, place them in a paper bag with a banana or apple. They will be ripe within a day or two.
- To store guacamole, cover it with plastic wrap. Push the plastic wrap down onto the guacamole to decrease the exposed surface area. Doing this will help minimize the oxidation process.
Here are some more recipes you might enjoy!
Add this Homemade Guacamole to your next taco night dinner and let me know how you enjoy it in the comments below! You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
- Slice the avocados vertically and remove the pit with a spoon or knife. Scoop out the flesh and place in a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice to the avocados and mash together until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to use.