This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This Homemade Buffalo Sauce is easy peasy to make and super quick. It's made with only 6 ingredients: butter, vinegar, cayenne pepper sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. No need to buy the bottled stuff, when this homemade version is so much better!
If you love buffalo sauce then this recipe is for you! This homemade sauce really comes together quick and has the best taste! You can make it mild, medium, spicy or extra extra spicy. However you like your buffalo sauce. My oldest, Bailee, and I love buffalo sauce and this recipe does not disappoint!
Only 6 Ingredients Needed to Make Buffalo Sauce
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup cayenne pepper sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- pinch salt
- cayenne pepper (optional if you want a spicier sauce)
Kick up the spice level!
To kick up the spice in this easy homemade buffalo sauce, you simple will just add ground cayenne pepper. Start with a pinch and go from there to reach your desired spiciness. A little goes a long way with this stuff! After you add some of the pepper let it sit awhile so the flavors can meld together, then taste.
How to Make Quick Homemade Buffalo Sauce
This recipe is so simple! Gather all your ingredients and add them to a small sauce pot. Heat over medium-low heat until the butter is completely melted. Keep cooking until the sauce starts to bubble around the edges, takes about 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely in the pot. While the sauce is cooling, whisk it a few times to reincorporate the butter. It will try to separate while its still warm. The sauce will thicken a bit as it cools. Once cooled, store in a air tight container or mason jar in the fridge. The sauce will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
That's it! Easy and extremely tasty homemade buffalo sauce made in minutes! Now, the important question is what will you make with your buffalo sauce?
Here are some ways I like to use Homemade Buffalo Sauce.
- The most popular way is adding to chicken wings and drummies.
- Add it to cooked chicken and serve on a salad like this Buffalo Chicken Salad-Recipe HERE.
- Use it as a dip for chicken tenders or nuggets.
- Mix a little with ranch dressing. So good!
- Add some to Macaroni & Cheese with cooked chicken.
- Use it as a sauce on pizza!
- Coat some cauliflower with it and bake!
More Dips you might enjoy!
- Homemade Queso Cheese Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Homemade Onion Soup Mix Dip
- Easy Homemade Guacamole
- Easy Ham Salad
If you are a fan of spicy foods, try this Homemade Buffalo Sauce and let me know how you like it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small sauce pot and heat on medium-low heat.
- To add more spice: add a pinch of cayenne pepper or more if you want extra extra spicy.
- Whisk until the butter is completely melted and the edges start to bubble, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Whisk a few times while sauce is cooling. Sauce will thicken a bit as it cools.
- Store in air tight container or mason jar in fridge for up to 2 weeks.