This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings is an easy recipe to enjoy wings at home! Delicious and tender wings to enjoy for game days, potlucks, or even dinner!
Chicken wings are the ultimate appetizer. They're tender, delicious and so versatile. This chicken wing recipe is so easy because the crock pot does most of the work. Letting the crock pot do all the cooking creates the most tender chicken. Then throw them in the oven for a few minutes to crisp the skins and they're absolutely perfection.
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Chicken Wings, flats and drummies separated
- Olive Oil
- Salted Butter
- Garlic Cloves
- Black Pepper
- Dried Parsley
- Garlic Powder
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil/Salted Butter: I prefer to use a combination of olive oil and butter, however you can use all olive oil or all butter if you like. Any neutral oil can be used as well, avocado, vegetable or canola.
- Garlic Cloves: Fresh garlic really is the best way to go for this recipe. Although, dried minced garlic will work.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Any hard grated cheese will work for this recipe, Asiago, Romano or Pecorino are delicious with chicken. You can use a blend of the cheeses too.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings, olive oil, melted butter, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, dried parsley and garlic powder. Stir it well to evenly coat all the chicken.
- Place the chicken in your crock pot, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is done, carefully take the wings out of the crock pot and place on a foil lined and greased sheet pan leaving all the juices in the crock pot. Discard the juices.
- Sprinkle half of the grated Parmesan cheese over the chicken wings turning over to coat both sides of the chicken.
- Bake the chicken wings in a 450°F oven for 5 minutes until the skin is golden brown and the cheese has melted. Or you can broil on high for 3-5 minutes, watching closely.
- Then sprinkle the chicken with the remaining grated Parmesan cheese and serve!
How to Store Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Storing: Place any leftover chicken wings in an air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Freezing: Place any leftover cooled chicken wings in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag. Freeze for up to 4 months.
Thawing: Thaw the chicken wings overnight in the fridge.
Reheating: Reheat the chicken in a 375°F for 5-10 minutes until heated through, or reheat in the microwave.
FAQs About Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Yes, the crock pot will cook the chicken at a high enough heat to kill any bacteria. For safety and ease of mind, check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before eating.
Cooking thawed or fresh chicken on high for more than 4 hours in a crock pot will create a risk for very dry chicken. It is best to cook chicken on low setting and not to keep on the warm setting for more than 4 hours.
The best way to crisp up chicken wings is to place them in a very hot oven or under the broiler. Bake them in a 450°F oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown or under the broiler for 3-5 minutes watching closely.
Most chicken will fully cook in 4-6 hours on the low setting, depending on the size of the chicken and your crock pot. It is always best practice to check the temperature of the chicken. The chicken should be 165°F internally before consuming.
Other Delicious Appetizers:
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Homemade Guacamole
- Holiday Cheese Ball
- Instant Pot Salsa Nachos
- Turkey & Zucchini Meatballs
- Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Homemade Queso Cheese Dip
Crock Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken wings, olive oil, melted butter, salt, black pepper, minced garlic, parsley, and garlic powder. Toss it well to evenly coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken in crock pot, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F, line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and grease the foil.
- Using tongs carefully place the chicken wings on the prepared sheet pan, leaving the juices in the crock pot. Discard the juices.
- Sprinkle half of the grated parmesan cheese over the chicken wings and turn over to coat both sides of the chicken.
- Bake the wings for 5 minutes or until they are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated parmesan cheese over the wings and serve!