Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers are healthy, easy and delicious. They are so easy to put together with no cooking of anything before hand. Its a simple prep and let the crock pot do the rest of the work! A great crowd pleasing, family friendly supper.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
- Green Bell Peppers
- Ground Turkey
- Long Grain White Rice
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Canned Diced Tomatoes
- Black Pepper
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Green Bell Peppers: If you prefer red, orange or yellow bell peppers you can use those or a mixture of all of them. Choose the largest, roundest peppers you can. They will sit better in the crock pot and hold more filling.
- Ground Turkey: You can also use ground chicken or ground beef.
- Long Grain White Rice: Basamti and Jasmine are good options.
- Crushed Tomatoes: If you prefer you can use your favorite jar of marinara or pasta sauce.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese: Any flavor of shredded cheese can be used. I like to use mozzarella because it pairs so well with the tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
How to Make Stuffed Peppers with Uncooked Rice
- First, prepare the green peppers. Cut the tops off and clean out the inside of the bell peppers. Set aside. Save the tops, chop them and use them in another dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the crushed tomatoes, 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Spread it in the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, rice, chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, diced onions, diced tomatoes, salt, black pepper and remaining crushed tomatoes, minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling as full as possible. Any extra filling can be put in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- 15 minutes before serving, add shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the peppers. Cover and let the cheese melt.
- Serve and Enjoy!
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- Green Side Salad
- Garlic Cheddar Drop Biscuits
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread
- Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- Easy Garlic Bread
Make it Ahead
This is a great dinner to make ahead and have ready to throw in the crock pot in the morning.
To make these stuffed peppers ahead of time, first place the sauce (crushed tomatoes, garlic and Italian seasoning) in an air tight container. Then prepare the peppers as the directions say. Place the stuffed peppers in a zip top bag or air tight container. If you like, portion out the cheese and keep in a zip top bag or air tight container.
Store it all in the fridge for 2-3 days until the day you want to enjoy. Put the sauce in the bottom of the crock pot and then add the stuffed peppers. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Before serving, top the peppers with shredded mozzarella cheese, cover them back up and let melt. Once the cheese is melted, serve and enjoy!
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers Freezer Meal
This recipe is a great freezer meal that will make dinner time even easier!
Place the sauce in a quart sized freezer safe bag of small freezer safe container. Prepare the peppers and add them to a freezer safe zip top bag or container. Place the shredded cheese in a small zip top freezer bag or container.
Add the sauce and cheese to the bag or container with the stuffed peppers. Label and date then freeze. The peppers will last up to 4 months in the freezer.
When ready to enjoy, thaw it overnight in the fridge. Add the sauce to the bottom of the crock pot followed by the stuffed peppers. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Before serving, top the peppers with shredded mozzarella cheese, cover them back up and let melt. Once the cheese is melted, serve and enjoy!
FAQs About Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
Nope. The meat will fully cook in the crock pot. However, if you like, you can brown the meat to add a little caramelization and then follow with the rest of the recipe directions.
This recipe takes 6 hours on low to fully cook the meat and rice, and create tender peppers. If you plan on using cooked meat and leftover rice, it will only take 4 hours to cook through.
No, the best part of using the crock pot is that nothing needs to be cooked before hand. The slow cooker will do all the work and fully cook everything.
The peppers will be soft and tender. To make sure the meat is fully cooked, use a thermometer. Meat should be at 160°F.
Other Delicious Crock Pot Dinners:
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Beef Barley Stew
- Busy Day Steak
- Pizza Chicken
- Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Iowa Maid Rites
- Whole Chicken
- Ground Turkey Chili
- Pizza Joes
- Chicken Tacos
- White Chicken Chili
- Beef Stew
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
- 6 large green bell peppers
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey
- ¾ cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut the tops of the green peppers off and clean out the insides.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup crushed tomatoes with 1 teaspoon minced garlic and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Spread into the bottom of the crock pot.
- In a large bowl combine, ground turkey, rice, chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes with juices, salt, black pepper and remaining crushed tomatoes, minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Fill the peppers as full as possible. Any extra filling can be put in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the filled peppers in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- 15 minutes before serving, top the peppers with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover and let the cheese melt.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply