This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken is the easiest set it and forget healthy dinner that is undeniably a family favorite! Juicy and tender chicken filled with tons of flavor from cilantro, lime juice, black beans, and corn!
This chicken dinner is so incredibly easy because the slow cooker does all the work. It's a simple dump and go recipe and is absolutely perfect for weeknights when you need dinner ready now!
Not to mention this healthy dinner can be made into a freezer meal. It's a fabulous option for make ahead dinners and meal prepping. So many great reasons to fall in love with this easy, healthy and delicious chicken dinner.
Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Ingredients
- Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless
- Black Pepper
- Black Beans
- Frozen Corn
- Fresh Cilantro
- Chicken Breast: Boneless, skinless chicken thighs would be a delicious substitute.
- Limes: This is Cilantro LIME Chicken after all, but you could substitute lemons if needed. Bottled lime juice will work as well, but it is a bit more acidic than fresh lime juice. If you would like even more lime flavor, add the zest of the limes too.
- Cumin: Taco seasoning, paprika, or chili powder would be good substitutions.
- Black Beans: You can use your favorite beans if black beans aren't your thing. Pinto beans or great northern beans would work well.
- Frozen Corn: Canned corn can be substituted, drain it well first.
- Extra Add-ins: For some extra flavor you can add in diced red or yellow onion, diced bell peppers, or canned green chiles.
How to Make Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Add the chicken breasts to the bottom of the crock pot.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Top the chicken with black beans, frozen corn, and chopped cilantro.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken with tongs (the chicken will fall apart very easily).
How to Serve Cilantro Lime Chicken
Serve the shredded chicken over a bowl of rice or cauliflower rice topped with shredded cheese, avocado slices, sour cream or plain greek yogurt, and fresh cilantro.
Make cilantro lime chicken tacos topped with your favorite taco fixings.
Top a bed of chopped lettuce with the shredded cilantro lime chicken and make a yummy salad. Add shredded cheese and an avocado dressing. Yum!
Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken Freezer Meal
To make this into a freezer meal, add all the ingredients to a gallon size zip top bag or freezer safe container. Label, date and freeze. This will stay fresh in the freezer for 3 months. When ready to use, take the meal out the night before to thaw a bit overnight in the fridge. Add the contents of the bag into the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. If the chicken is still a bit frozen, increase the cook time to 8 hours on low. This recipe is a great way to have meals prepared and ready to cook at a moments notice.
FAQs About Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
Yes, it cooks down and adds so much flavor to the chicken and juices.
Yes, the crock pot will cook the chicken at a high enough heat to kill any bacteria. For safety and ease of mind, check that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before eating.
Yes, but you risk drying out the chicken. I prefer to cook chicken, especially boneless and skinless breasts, on low.
The biggest tip for not drying out chicken breasts is to always cook on low setting. I have tried cooking chicken breasts on high and they tend to dry out. Chicken thighs are more forgivable and can be cooked on either low or high without drying out, however I almost always use the low setting for chicken.
More Delicious Crock Pot Dinner Ideas:
Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Crock Pot or Slow Cooker
- Place chicken in bottom of the crock pot.
- Squeeze the juice from both limes over the chicken.
- Sprinkle the cumin, salt and black pepper over the chicken.
- Evenly add the black beans and corn over the chicken.
- Top everything with the chopped cilantro.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken with tongs and serve.