This hearty and comforting Crock Pot Hamburger Vegetable Soup recipe is super easy to whip up and let the slow cooker do its magic. A simple dump and go recipe that will make everyone happy come dinner time!
This soup has got to be one of the easiest family pleasing meals there is. It's filled with all the things my family loves, beef and potatoes! As well as, carrots, celery, and peas! A bowl of this cozy soup is sure to gain you some extra hugs!
Hamburger Vegetable Soup Ingredients
- Ground Beef
- Garlic Cloves
- Russet Potatoes
- Frozen Corn
- Frozen Peas
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Bay Leaf
- Black Pepper
- Beef Broth
- Ground Beef: Ground turkey is a great substitute and will lighten up the dish a bit.
- Russet Potatoes: Yukon gold or red potatoes will work well in this recipe. Sweet potatoes are delicious too.
- Vegetables: To make this even easier, substitute a bag of frozen mixed vegetables for the diced carrots, peas and corn.
- Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes: Original diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with garlic and basil are delicious substitutes.
- Beef Broth: Chicken broth, vegetable broth or bouillon and water can all be used.
How to Make Hamburger Vegetable Soup in the Slow Cooker
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the hamburger until no longer pink. Drain any grease. Browning the beef creates more flavor that the crock pot can't do.
- Next, add the cooked beef, onions, minced garlic, potatoes, carrots, celery, frozen corn and peas, fire roasted diced tomatoes, bay leaf, oregano, parsley, salt and black pepper to a 6 quart or bigger crock pot. P.S. Use a liner, makes clean up so much easier!
- Then, pour in the beef broth and give it all a good stir.
- Cover the crock pot, set it to low temperature and cook for 6 hours.
What to Serve with Crock Pot Hamburger Vegetable Soup
This soup is full of vegetables making it hearty and filling, which really only needs a good hunk of French bread on the side. I also like to serve a simple green side salad as well. Some other delicious ideas are: Easy Dinner Rolls, Garlic Cheddar Biscuits, Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread and No Knead Dinner Rolls.
Storing Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Storing: Store any leftover cooled soup in an air tight container in the fridge. Soup will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Freezing: Add the cooled soup to a freezer safe air tight container, label, date and freeze. Soup will last up to 4 months in the freezer. When ready to use the soup, thaw it overnight in the fridge.
Reheating: Reheat the soup in the microwave or over low heat on the stove until warmed through.
More Delicious Crock Pot Soups:
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Beef Barley Stew
- White Chicken Chili
- Ham and Potato Soup
- Beef Stew
- Split Pea Soup
- Ground Turkey Chili
- Chicken and Potato Stew
Crock Pot Hamburger Vegetable Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups beef broth
- In a skillet over medium heat, crumble and brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Add the cooked beef, onions, minced garlic, potatoes, carrots, celery, corn, peas, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper to a 6 quart or bigger crock pot.
- Pour in the beef broth and give it all a good stir.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.