This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Taco Pasta Skillet is a wonderful one pot meal that is cheesy and extremely flavorful! A quick and easy meal that the entire family will ask for over and over again!
This little family of mine happens to love tacos. My oldest daughter the most. If we do not have tacos on Tuesday nights she can be found in her room pouting. 😂 Funny, but literally no joke! That's how much she loves tacos. They are her favorite food. As much as I and the rest of the family loves them, I like to switch it up a bit. So I make other taco inspired dishes, like this Taco Pasta Skillet.
This meal is as easy as tacos and just as flavorful! Plus, it's made with pasta! Tacos and pasta? Yes, Please!
How To Make One Pot Taco Pasta Skillet
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced (or dried minced onion will work well too)
- 14 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes, Do NOT drain
- 2 heaping tablespoons taco seasoning (I used my Homemade blend)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 cups beef broth
- 12 oz box farfalle pasta (or 16 oz box small pasta shells or macaroni)
- 2 cups shredded co-jack cheese
How To Make The Skillet
Like always, first step is to gather all your ingredients. I say this a lot, but it is so helpful when wanting to make dinner quick and easy.
Now in a large deep sided skillet, brown the beef and onion together until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Drain any grease if necessary.
After it is all stirred together, let the mixture come to a boil. Once boiling, stir it a bit, place a cover on the pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente and tender, then remove from heat.
Lastly, stir in the shredded cheese until completely melted.
Variations For Taco Pasta Skillet
- Add a little bit of sour cream to each serving. So delicious!
- Instead of the diced tomatoes, try salsa! You can use mild, medium or spicy. Whichever you like best!
- Use your favorite cheese! I love co-jack, but pepper jack or Monterey jack would be super flavorful as well!
- Add a can of drained corn along with the shredded cheese to make the skillet more tex-mex!
Here are some other recipes you might like to try!
After you give this one pot Taco Pasta Skillet meal a try, let me know how you like it in the comments below. Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Taco Pasta Skillet
- In a large deep skillet, brown beef and onion together over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. Drain any grease.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, salt, milk, beef broth and pasta. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, stir it up a bit, cover the skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until fully melted and serve!