This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This is a simple and fast way to make corn on the cob! Easy Oven Roasted Corn with Husks involves no cleaning and no boiling water! Corn goes in the oven with husks on, roasts to perfection and the husks peel right off when done. So effortless and so delicious!
I am a corn loving girl. We are a corn loving family! However, I am bias. I grew up in the corn fields in good ole Iowa. I grow my own corn now, but when I visit Iowa in the summer months I still buy corn from Steve's Sweet Corn Stand in Osage. It's my favorite! There is nothing like sweet corn from home, it's just special. I don't know how else to describe it except sweet and special.
How to Make Easy Oven Roasted Corn with Husks
This corn recipe is so simple. It is an easy way to get the roasted flavor of corn without the charring of the corn. My kids love corn, but they are not fans of charred food yet. They are still learning what good flavors are. Roasting the corn this way provides good flavor without charring, plus no messy shucking.
Preheat the oven to 400°. Once the oven is preheated, place your corn right on the oven rack. For my family we usually do about 6-8 ears for a meal. You can make as many as you need for your family.
Roast the corn for about 25-30 minutes or until tender. Remove the corn from the oven onto a baking sheet to cool for a bit.
Tips for the Best Easy Oven Roasted Corn with Husks
- Try to find ears of corn that are similar in size. This way they will all have the same cooking time.
- Place your oven rack in the middle of the oven before preheating the oven. The middle of your oven is where air circulates most and helps with even cooking and baking.
- If the corn is too hot to peel after roasting, use oven mitts. I have a pair of silicone oven mitts and they work like a charm! The husk and silk peel of so easy and so fast.
How do I know when the roasted corn is fully cooked?
Corn is a great vegetable because it is good eaten raw or cooked. I always give the ear of corn a gentle squeeze to tell how done it is. If the kernels have some give and they feel plump, the corn is done. If they are still hard, it is still on the raw side. Another way to check the corn is to poke a kernel with a tooth pick, tip of a knife or even your fingernail. I admit that is what I do. When I can't tell by squeezing, then I just poke a visible kernel with my thumbnail. If it pops or feels plump, the corn is good to go! If it is hard, keep roasting the corn.
Do I have to roast the corn in the husk?
No, you can shuck the corn first and then roast the corn on a baking sheet or wrapped in foil. Then follow roasting instructions as described. Roasting it without the husk is just as good!
Want some more kid friendly veggie side dishes like this easy roasted corn? These are some of my kiddos' favorites!
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus
After you try this simple way to make Easy Oven Roasted Corn with Husks let me know how much you and your family liked it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don't forget to pin the recipe for later!
Easy Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob with Husks
- 6 Ears of corn with silk and husks still on
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place corn directly on middle rack of oven.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until desired tenderness.
- Let corn cool enough to handle, then remove husk and silk.
- Serve with butter, salt and pepper. Eat!