This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe is made all in one pot, and is ready in less than 30 minutes from start to finish. It is full of all the delicious classic lasagna flavors, and quick enough for a weeknight dinner.
There is nothing better than a good, hearty Italian dinner. At least my whole family thinks that, and I'm totally in agreement. It is so comforting to eat pasta, but you all know pasta is my favorite thing to eat. That is why this Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe is so good. It's pasta, comforting, delicious, quick and easy! I am all about easy weeknight dinners that dirty few dishes, and this recipe is all that and a bag of chips!
- Ground Beef
- Tomato Paste
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Tomato Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Mafalda Pasta
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Ricotta Cheese
More Comforting Pasta Dinners
- Manicotti with Meat Sauce
- Classic Spaghetti Carbonara
- Taco Pasta Skillet
- Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Shells
- Simple Spaghetti Meat Sauce
- Chili Mac Skillet with Leftover Chili
- Baked Rigatoni Casserole
How to Make Easy Skillet Lasagna
Step 1: Brown the Beef
In a large skillet, brown the beef and chopped onion together until beef is no longer pink. Drain any extra grease if necessary. Then add the minced garlic, tomato pasta, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir it and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant and the tomato paste is thoroughly combined with the beef.
Step 2: Create the Skillet
Next, stir in the tomato sauce, beef broth, milk and pasta. Bring it to a boil, cover the skillet, reduce heat to low and cook for about 13-15 minutes, stirring it a few times, until the pasta is al dente and most (not all) of the liquid has been absorbed.
Step 3: Cheese it up!
Once the pasta is done, stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese, a handful at a time until its completely melted. Remove skillet from heat. Dollop the ricotta cheese on top of the pasta and sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella over top. Place cover on skillet and let sit for 5 minutes to warm the cheese.
Tips for the Best Skillet Lasagna
- Use a large at least 12 inch deep sided skillet that has a lid. It'll make stirring a lot easier and avoid any unwanted messes on the stove.
- If you can't find Mafalda pasta, use any other short cut pasta like orecchiette, farfalle, shells, macaroni or rotini.
- Only add cheese a handful at a time and stir it in to melt. You want the cheese to become part of the sauce. Adding all the shredded cheese at once will create a large clump, which will make the cheese and beef clump together.
Yes, you can use ground italian sausage, ground pork, or ground turkey. To keep it vegetarian you can use a ground meat substitute, or leave the beef out all together and add more chopped veggies like: celery, green peppers, and finely diced carrots.
Sides to Pair with Skillet Lasagna
- Easy Peasy Garlic Bread
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Garlic Parmesan Focaccia Bread
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
Try this quick and delicious Easy Skillet Lasagna and let me know how much everyone enjoyed it in the comments below along with a star rating, please! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Easy Skillet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2½ cups Mafalda pasta
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Ricotta cheese
- In a large deep skillet, brown beef and chopped onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain any grease.
- Add the minced garlic, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir it together well and cook for a minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, beef broth, milk and pasta. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes, stirring a few times, until pasta is al dente and most (not all) of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella a handful at a time stirring to completely melt the cheese into the sauce. Stir in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Dollop ricotta cheese on top and sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Cover skillet and let sit for 5 minutes to warm the cheese.