This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli is an easy and healthy side dish that will have everyone begging for more. This broccoli turns out slightly crisp and has the best flavor combination of garlic and Parmesan.
If you have not hopped on the air fryer band wagon yet, start with this recipe. This recipe is a huge hit in our house. The kids barely share any of it, and I'm totally ok with that because it is healthy after all. Air fryer broccoli is so easy and is done in less than 15 minutes. I am all about quick and easy dishes, especially on busy weeknights.
5 Simple Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Broccoli Florets - cut in uniform size so they all cook evenly
- Minced Garlic - fresh garlic cloves or I often cheat with the already minced garlic in water
- Olive Oil - olive oil is my favorite because it pairs with Parmesan the best, but I have also used melted butter and avocado oil and they work great too
- Parmesan Cheese - grated and shredded. Grated to get in all the nooks and crannies of the florets and shredded for the top
- Salt and Pepper - seasoning the broccoli is vital, if you like heat you can also add some red pepper flakes
Can I use frozen broccoli?
Yes you can, however the cook time will vary and the oil, garlic and cheese will have a hard time adhering to the broccoli. Also, the texture of the broccoli will be a bit more soft and the edges wont be as brown and crisp, since frozen broccoli is blanched and partially cooked. For best results, I recommend fresh broccoli. To make the dish easier, you can buy already cut and washed broccoli florets in bags in the produce section of the grocery store. Makes prep time a lot quicker!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Broccoli in the Air Fryer
Step 1: Wash and cut the broccoli, mince the garlic, grate and shred the Parmesan. Having all the ingredients prepped and ready to use makes cooking a lot easier and less likely to forget any ingredients.
Step 3: Add the broccoli to the bowl and mix it all together so the garlic and cheese get all up in the broccoli's business. You don't want any of it to slip off when you add it to the air fryer.
Step 4: Gently place the broccoli in a 375° preheated air fryer basket or tray. Sprinkle the top of the broccoli with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Step 5: "Fry" the broccoli for 5-7 minutes. If you like it even crispier you can add another 2-3 minutes.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- Use uniform pieces of broccoli so they all cook evenly.
- Really smoosh the oil, cheese and garlic mix into the broccoli.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375° so its hot and ready.
- Keep an eye on the broccoli after 7 minutes, it can burn quickly as cooking times will vary.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
Other Healthy Side Dishes You Might Like to Try
- Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob in Husks
- Honey Garlic Glazed Carrots
- Roasted Asparagus
- Garlic Parmesan Sauteed Asparagus
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Tomato, Cucumber and Basil Salad
- Garlicky Broccolini
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
Give this healthy and delicious Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli recipe a try and let me know how you like it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- 2 heads broccoli, about 4 cups florets
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 375°
- Wash and cut broccoli into small florets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli to the bowl and mix it all together really well.
- Place the broccoli into the fryer basket or tray, and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- "Fry" the broccoli for 5-7 minutes. For crispier broccoli add 2-3 minutes, but watch carefully so it don't burn.
- Remove broccoli from fryer and sprinkle with a tad more salt and cracked black pepper.