Air Fryer Tuna Stuffed Peppers are an easy and quick dinner or lunch option that is healthy and incredibly delicious! A fun twist on a classic tuna melt that is family friendly and perfect for busy weeknights.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why We Love Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- Simple to make: easy recipe, quick to prepare and uses simple staple ingredients.
- Ready in under 30 minutes: they're ready and on the dinner table fast thanks to the air fryer.
- Healthy: these stuffed peppers are a healthy and delicious dinner that is filling and satisfying.
- Family Friendly: a fun new take on the traditional tuna melts makes these tuna stuffed peppers fun and exciting to eat for the whole family.
Tuna Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
- Bell Peppers
- Tuna in Water
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Miracle Whip
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Lemon Juice
- Dried Chives
- Garlic Powder
- Black pepper
- Sliced Gouda Cheese
- Bell Peppers: Any color bell pepper will work. I like to use yellow or red peppers, but you can also use green bell peppers. Also, if you have family that are not fond of bell peppers you can also use your favorite sliced bread.
- Tuna in Water: I prefer to use the water packed tuna, however if you like the flavor of the oil packed tuna you can also use that. Tuna in the packet will also work as well as drained canned chicken.
- Celery: Finely chopped carrots can also be used.
- Greek Yogurt: If yogurt isn't your thing, you can use sour cream or more miracle whip/mayo.
- Miracle Whip: Mayo can be subbed, I just prefer the flavor of Miracle Whip. Also, if you want to skip it all together you can sub in more Greek yogurt.
- Spicy Brown Mustard: Any dijon mustard or yellow mustard can be used.
- Lemon Juice: If you have no lemon juice on hand, you can use lime juice. Another option is vinegar, but use half the amount of what is called for.
- Dried Chives: A sliced fresh green onion or finely minced red onion can be used. Or even just some simple onion powder.
- Sliced Gouda Cheese: I love Gouda with tuna. It pairs so well, however you can use your favorite cheese. Cheddar, Co-Jack, Pepper Jack, Provolone or Swiss are all delicious options too.
This low carb healthy meal is a great way to get dinner on the table quick on a busy weeknight.
How to Make Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- In a medium bowl, stir together the drained tuna, finely chopped celery, plain Greek yogurt, Miracle Whip, spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, dried chives, garlic powder, salt and black pepper until completely combined.
- Evenly scoop the tuna mixture into the cavities of the bell pepper halves.
- Place the peppers in air fryer basket preheated to 400°F and cook for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of your peppers. Smaller ones will take about 6 minutes and larger ones 8 minutes.
- Then add the sliced Gouda cheese to the tops of the peppers and fry for 2 additional minutes.
- Serve warm garnished with fresh parsley or green onion and enjoy!
No air fryer? No problem! Bake the tuna stuffed peppers on a baking sheet in a 425°F oven for 12 minutes. Then top the peppers with sliced cheese and bake another 3 minutes.
What to Serve with Tuna Melt Stuffed Peppers
These tuna stuffed peppers are already a complete meal. But also great served with a veggie side dish, a green side salad, rice or even potatoes. Here are some of our favorites!
- Instant Pot White Rice
- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Potatoes
- Crispy Oven Fries
- Tomato, Cucumber Basil Salad
How Long to Cook Stuffed Peppers in Air Fryer
The length of cooking time will depend on the size of your peppers. In a 400°F air fryer: small peppers will take about 6 minutes or so, and larger peppers will take up to 8 minutes. The peppers turn out slightly soft with the perfect bite.
Storing Tuna Melt Stuffed Peppers
Store any leftover stuffed peppers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat the tuna melt stuffed peppers in a 350°F air fryer for 4-5 minutes, in the microwave or a toaster oven until warmed through.
Looking for more canned tuna recipes? Try these delicious and healthy Basil Tuna Cakes or my yummy Tuna Noodle Casserole!
Different Ways to Make Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- If you're looking for more of a cold lunch option, you can eat the tuna salad on raw bell peppers. Mix in a little shredded cheese right in the tuna salad. This is also very delicious!!!
- Makes these into a fun and delicious appetizer by using mini bell peppers.
- Customize the flavor of your tuna salad with some buffalo sauce, ranch or honey mustard.
Want to try some more air fryer recipes? Try one of my favorites: Chicken Nuggets, Breaded Tilapia, Green Beans or Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes.
You can prepare the tuna stuffed peppers a day or two ahead of time and store in an air tight container in the fridge. When ready to enjoy let the peppers come to room temperature while the air fryer preheats and then proceed with recipe instructions.
For this recipe the peppers do not need to be precooked. The air fryer cooks them just enough to become soft with the perfect amount of crunch too.
Stuffed peppers will become soggy if they are cooked too long or if the tuna salad is too loose or made with too much liquid.
These stuffed peppers are delicious served with a green side salad, veggie side dishes, rice, potatoes or even some salty pretzels. Here are some side dish ideas:
Tomato, Cucumber Basil Salad
Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower
Instant Pot Rice
Crispy Oven Fries
Air Fryer Potatoes
More Healthy Dinner Recipes:
- Honey Mustard Chicken and Vegetables
- Mini BBQ Turkey Meatloaves
- Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- Southwest Chicken Salad
Air Fryer Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- 2 bell peppers, halved and cored
- 10 ounces canned tuna in water (two 5oz cans), drained
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices Gouda cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, chopped celery, Greek yogurt, Miracle Whip, spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, dried chives, garlic powder, salt and black pepper until completely combined.
- Evenly scoop the tuna mixture into the cavities of the bell peppers.
- Place the peppers in air fryer and cook for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of your peppers. Smaller ones will take about 6 minutes and larger ones 8 minutes.
- Then top the tuna stuffed peppers with sliced Gouda cheese and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Serve warm garnished with fresh parsley or green onion and enjoy!
Leave a Reply