It doesn't get much more effortless than these Roasted Ranch Potatoes. An easy and fuss free side dish that pairs well with everything. So simple you can serve them any day of the week!
This post was originally posted on 9/21/2020 and updated on 7/18/2022.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Why We Love These Ranch Potatoes
- Talk about easy! No need to peel the potatoes. Just do a little chopping and mix some seasonings together, throw em on a baking sheet and done.
- No store bought packet needed. Everything you need is probably in your spice drawer.
- Very quick to get in the oven so you can focus on more important things, like watching Law & Order reruns. Or is that just me?
- They pair well with any protein or main dish.
- Family friendly! The entire family loves these potatoes. What's not to love, ranch and potatoes together... yes please!
Roasted Ranch Potatoes Ingredients
- Potatoes: Any type of potato will work. Russet, Yukon gold, or red potatoes are all yummy options. The little creamer potatoes are a really good choice too!
- Olive Oil: You can also use avocado oil, vegetable oil, canola oil, or any other neutral oil. I prefer olive oil for the taste.
- Seasonings: I like to make my own seasoning blend, but if you prefer you can use 2 tablespoons of already prepared ranch seasoning mix.
How to Make Oven Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- First, heat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut washed and scrubbed potatoes into bite size pieces, pat them dry and add them to a zip top bag or large bowl.
- Next, pour the olive oil over the potatoes and add the dried parsley, dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Zip the bag and toss the potatoes to coat them all. Alternatively, you can do this in a large bowl too.
- Now, Spread the potatoes out onto a prepared sheet pan.
- Finally, bake the potatoes for 15 minutes then flip the potatoes and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and pierce easily with fork.
If you have ranch lovers in your family try this easy mess free dinner: Chicken Bacon Ranch Foil Packets.
What to Serve with Ranch Potatoes
These potatoes go well with any protein. They will also pair well with breakfast dishes like egg muffins or omelets. Here are some of our favorites we like to have with these roasted ranch potatoes:
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Easy Turkey Burgers
- Mini BBQ Turkey Meatloaves
- Favorite Sloppy Joes
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Iowa Maid Rites
- Mini Ham and Cheese Frittatas
- Ham Oven Omelet
Storing Roasted Potatoes
Storing: Store any leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheating: These potatoes can be reheated in the microwave until warmed through or in the oven on low heat for 10-15 minutes. If you have an air fryer they are really good reheated in that for about 5 minutes. They are also very tasty when fried in a little butter on top of the stove over medium heat.
Tips for Making the Best Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- To make this recipe easy as possible, I do not peel the potatoes. The skin of the potato gets crisp and flavorful. However, if you have horrid feelings against potato skins, then feel free to peel them. The potatoes will still turn out great.
- Cut your potatoes all the same size for even cooking.
- For good crispy potatoes pat the potatoes dry after cutting.
- Use parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Lay the potatoes in a single layer on the sheet pan without overcrowding the pan. Too many potatoes on the pan will result in soggy potatoes instead of crispy ones.
- Flip the potatoes half way so all the potatoes are cooking and browning evenly.
More Delicious Potato Recipes:
- Crispy Oven Fries
- Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Parmesan Potatoes
- Au Gratin Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Potatoes
- Classic Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Scalloped Potatoes
Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with heat safe parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, cut into bite size pieces and place in a large zip top bag or bowl.
- Add olive oil, parsley, dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and black pepper to the potatoes.
- Close the bag, toss and shake to coat all the potatoes.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on prepared sheet pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes, flip potatoes and bake for another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and pierce easily with a fork.