This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
It doesn't get much more effortless than these Roasted Ranch Potatoes. An easy and fuss free side dish that pairs well with everything!
If you or your family are ranch lovers than these potatoes are a must try. They have all the flavors of ranch but without the store bought packet. Everything you need to make this tasty ranch potato side dish is hanging out in your spice drawer and pantry. Super easy to whip up and get in the oven so you can move on to more important things, like watching Law & Order reruns. Or is that just me?
Pantry Staples Needed to Make Ranch Potatoes
Can I use red potatoes?
Absolutely! You can use your favorite potato. Red potatoes, Yukon and Russet are all good choices.
To peel or not peel the potatoes?
To make this recipe easy as possible, I do not peel the potatoes. The skin of the potato gets crisp and flavorful. However, if you have horrid feelings against potato skins, then feel free to peel them. The potatoes will still turn out great.
How to Make Oven Roasted Ranch Potatoes
These potatoes are basically effortless.
First, cut washed and scrubbed potatoes into bite size pieces and add them to a zip top bag.
Zip the bag and toss the potatoes to coat them all. Alternatively, you can do this in a large bowl too.
Finally, bake the potatoes for 15 minutes in a 400° oven, then flip the potatoes and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and pierce easily with fork.
Tips for Making the Best Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Cut your potatoes all the same size for even cooking.
- Use parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Lay the potatoes in a single layer on the sheet pan without overcrowding the pan. Too many potatoes on the pan will result in soggy potatoes instead of crispy ones.
- Flip the potatoes half way so all the potatoes are cooking and browning evenly.
Ideas of What to Serve with Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Instant Pot Drip Beef Sandwiches
- Oven Roasted BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Iowa Maid Rites
- Herb Roasted Spatchcock Chicken
- Oven Fried Chicken Legs
- Corn Flake Chicken Tenders
- Family Favorite Sloppy Joes
Give yourself a break and make these effortless Roasted Ranch Potatoes and let me know what you think of them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Roasted Ranch Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub potatoes, cut into bite size pieces and place in a large zip top bag.
- Add oil, parsley, dill weed, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Close the bag, toss and shake to coat all the potatoes.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip potatoes and bake for another 15-20 minutes until potatoes are golden brown and pierce easily with a fork.