This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Instant Pot Mac N Cheese is so cheesy, creamy, and incredibly easy to make. Plus, it is done and ready to eat in less than 30 minutes making it a perfect weeknight meal!
I absolutely love my instant pot. I was a skeptic at first and literally terrified of it when I first got mine. Now, I love it so much I have 2! One of the reasons I love them is because it diminishes the amount of steps needed to make certain foods. For example, mashed potatoes-I will never boil a pot of potatoes again to make mashed potatoes. The instant pot does it for me. It does it with this super dreamy and creamy mac and cheese too! No need for boiling water or making a rue and sauce for this mac n cheese, the instant pot does it all. If you're not sold on them yet, make the mac and cheese and then I can assure you, you will be sold!
How to Make Instant Pot Mac N Cheese
- 1 lb of macaroni noodles
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz shredded co-jack cheese
- 4 oz shredded Parmesan cheese
- cracked black pepper to taste
Can I substitute all milk?
Yes, you can omit the heavy cream and replace it with milk. Cream gives is a much richer flavor, but all milk will work just fine. You can even replace the cream and milk with a can of evaporated milk as well.
Can I use any cheese?
You can most definitely change the type of cheese. Use your favorite kind!
Make the Mac!
Place the lid on the pressure cooker and set it at high pressure for 7 minutes. The key for making perfect al dente pasta in the pressure cooker is to cook it for one less minute than what the package directions say. My package said 8-10 minutes, so I set it for 7 minutes. Now, the cooker will come up to pressure and this takes about 10 minutes. Once the cooking time has ended, very carefully do a quick release.
Once all the pressure is gone and the valve stem has dropped, open the lid. Stir in the heavy cream and milk. Add the cheeses a few handfuls at a time, stirring it so it melts. Add some cracked black pepper, taste and eat away!!!
If you love your Instant Pot like I love mine, you might enjoy these other recipes!
- Pulled Pork
- Shredded Chicken Breasts
- Mashed Potatoes
- Drip Beef Sandwiches
- Split Pea Soup
- Buffalo Chicken Mac N Cheese
- Iced Coffee
- Beef Tips and Gravy
- Salsa Chicken Nachos
Let me know what you think about this Instant Pot Mac N Cheese recipe in the comments below. You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Instant Pot Mac N Cheese
- Add the water, butter, ground mustard and salt to the instant pot.
- Stir in the macaroni noodles.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and set it at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- When the cook time has ended, carefully do a quick release.
- After the pressure is completely released and the valve stem has dropped, remove the lid.
- Stir in the cream and milk.
- Add the cheese a few handfuls at a time, stirring after each addition to melt the cheese.
- Add black pepper to taste. Eat and enjoy!