This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
No need to stop at the coffee shop everyday, you can save a little cash and make your own iced coffee! This Instant Pot Iced Coffee is so flavorful and incredibly easy to make from scratch!
If you are a coffee lover, I am strongly urging you to try this recipe out! This coffee is so easy and so delicious. The perfect get you awake in the morning mo-jo or a splendid pick me up in the afternoon. This coffee packs a punch and can be made as strong or as week as you like.
How to Make Iced Coffee in the Instant Pot
All you need is 2 simple ingredients to make this coffee.
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 6 cups water
How to Make the Coffee
Just a few easy steps and you'll have a pitcher of iced coffee in your fridge!
First, place the ground coffee in the bottom of the instant pot. I have come to discover that this step is crucial! When the grounds are on the bottom, there is less to filter after the process time is over.
Second, pour the water over the coffee grounds, but DO NOT STIR! Like I said in step one, I have discovered that these steps are crucial. Stirring the coffee into the water, makes the filtering process a lot longer, so just take my word and don't stir. You'll thank me later! 😉
Next, place the lid on and set the instant pot on high pressure for 5 minutes and then let it completely naturally release pressure.
Lastly, once all the pressure has completely released, strain the coffee through cheesecloth. I have found out that cheesecloth works the best. Coffee filters work, but they take twice as long. When you are straining most of the grounds will stay on the bottom, which is why it is crucial to add the coffee first and not stir. It will not affect the coffee at all by doing this.
Once it is all strained, you'll have coffee concentrate and it will make approximately 1 quart. You can store it just like this or add water. I like to add a quart of water and store it ready to drink!
Can I use decaf coffee grounds?
Absolutely! Follow the directions the same way, just substitute decaf grounds.
Can I use flavored coffee?
Yes! I often use flavored coffee! It turns out so well and delicious!
How do I use the iced coffee?
There are many options! Here are just a few:
- Drink it simply with ice if you are a black coffee drinker.
- Add your favorite flavored syrup, creamer or milk.
- Blend it with some ice, milk and favorite chocolate syrup to make a Mocha Frappuccino.
- Use pure maple syrup to sweeten it if you normally add sugar to your coffee. You will be pleasantly surprised by the flavor!
- Make it an adult beverage and add some Carolans Cream or Bailey's Irish Cream.
That was more than a few, but they are all good uses for the iced coffee!
Need something to serve with your Instant Pot Iced Coffee? Try some of these recipes!
- Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Chocolate Sour Cream Baked Donuts
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Monkey Bread
- Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Homemade Bagels
Try this delicious and easy Instant Pot Iced Coffee and let me know how much you like it in the comments below. Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Instant Pot Iced Coffee
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 6 cups water
- Add the ground coffee to the instant pot.
- Pour the water over the coffee, DO NOT STIR!
- Set the pressure cooker on high pressure for 5 minutes and do a complete natural release.
- Strain the coffee using cheesecloth.
- Add another quart of water or keep the coffee as a concentrate.
- Store in the fridge and make your favorite Iced Coffee flavors as you so choose!