This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
This Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe is full of wonderful pumpkin flavor and will have your house smelling delightful. This recipe is simple to whip up in one bowl and creates the most tender crumb when done!
Enjoy this delicious pumpkin bread for breakfast, brunch, snack or pack it in the kids' lunches. This bread is a family favorite and does not last long when I make it. It's a great thing that this recipe makes 2 loaves. However, if you don't need 2 loaves, you can always share it with a friend, neighbor, family or simply freeze it for later.
This post was originally posted on 9/1/2020 and updated on 10/20/2021.
Ingredients for Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Canola Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Puree
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Ground Nutmeg
- Canola Oil: Vegetable oil, grapeseed oil or melted coconut oil can be substituted.
- Pumpkin Puree: This recipe calls for pumpkin puree which is 100% pumpkin with nothing added. Double check when you are buying pumpkin that you have the right kind. The cans can be similar. Pumpkin pie filling is sweetened pumpkin puree with added spices.
- All Purpose Flour & Wheat Flour: I like to use both flours in my breads and muffins. I like the texture and taste it gives by combining them. However, if you only have one kind on hand you can use either one.
- Cinnamon & Nutmeg: If you prefer a more spiced bread, feel free to use pumpkin pie spice instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg. Or you can add a bit of ginger, cloves or all spice with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add ins: Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips after making the batter. If you like nuts and dried fruit you can add those too. Fold in 1 cup of add ins after the batter is made.
How to Make Easy Pumpkin Bread from Scratch
- In a stand mixer, with hand beaters or using a whisk and bowl, beat together the canola oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix just until it is all evenly combined.
- Dived the batter among two parchment lined and greased 9x5 loaf pans.
- Bake the bread in a preheated 350°F oven for 45-55 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 15 minutes, then remove from pans. Slice and serve warm or let cool completely.
Tips and Tricks
- Always fluff the flour before measuring. This helps prevent any extra flour which can lead to a heavier and dense bread.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter, which can also lead to a heavier and dense bread crumb.
- To evenly divide the batter, use a large scoop or measuring cup. The scoop works the best. Add 2 scoops to one pan and then 2 scoops to the other, repeat until the batter is all gone.
- If adding chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit toss them in a teaspoon or so of flour. This will help prevent them from sinking to the bottom and will ensure even distribution.
- Bake the bread in the center of the oven keeping the loaf pans at least an inch apart from each other. This helps with even rising, browning and baking.
Other Quick Bread Recipes:
- Classic Zucchini Bread
- Chocolate Banana Bread
- Sweet Blueberry Bread
- Crumb Topped Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate Chips
- Apple Fritter Loaf
Storing Pumpkin Bread
Storing: Wrap the cooled bread in plastic wrap and keep on counter or in bread box. Bread will last 3-4 days on counter. You can also store the bread in an air tight container on the counter as well. The pumpkin bread can be stored in the fridge to extend it's life a few more days, however, I feel the bread gets dried out in the fridge.
Freezing: Wrap the cooled bread in plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag and add a label and date. The bread will last 3-4 months in the freezer.
Thawing: To thaw, take out and let thaw on the counter for a couple hours.
More Delicious Pumpkin Recipes:
- Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pancakes
- White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Pie Bundt Cake
- Frosted Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
- Fresh Cranberry Pumpkin Bread
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- Frosted Pumpkin Drop Cookies
- Mini Pumpkin Donuts
Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two 9x5 loaf pans with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Beat together the canola oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin in a stand mixer, with a hand beater or using a whisk and bowl.
- Add the all purpose flour, wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir just to evenly combine everything.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for 15 minutes in pan before removing. Slice and serve warm, or cool completely.