This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are cake like and sweet cookies packed with pumpkin flavor and loaded with chocolate chips. A simple and delicious cookie everyone you know will love!
These cookies are highly requested and always a big hit with everyone that tries them. They are so dang delicious and make a perfect fall dessert! The increasing pumpkin cravings always hit this house in the fall and these cookies are ideal for a craving cure. BUT, since you can buy canned pumpkin all year round these cookies are good anytime of the year.
What's All In Soft Pumpkin Cookies?
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Pumpkin Puree vs. Pumpkin Pie Mix
Pureed Pumpkin is pure pumpkin with no added ingredients whereas Pumpkin Pie Mix is already blended with a sweetener and spices.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Absolutely! Fresh pumpkin holds on to water and could add too much moisture to the cookies, so I would suggest squeezing out some of the excess liquid with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel.
How to Make Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make the Cookie Dough:
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar together for 1-2 minutes
- Next add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat together until smooth.
- Now add in the baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour. Mix just until the flour is all incorporated.
- Finally fold in chocolate chips. The cookie dough is a bit sticky, so don't be alarmed.
Bake the Cookies:
- Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon and place 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies on middle oven rack for 10-12 minutes and no longer glossy looking.
- Let cookies cool on pan for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Can I freeze pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?
Yes! Put the cooled cookies in a freezer safe container or zip top bag in between layers of wax paper. These cookies will last in the freezer for 3-4 months.
Variations of Soft Pumpkin Cookies
- Sub walnuts or pecans for the chocolate chips.
- Do a combo of nuts and chocolate chips.
- Try cinnamon chips instead of chocolate.
- If you like pumpkin pie spice, use that in place of the cinnamon.
- Add a simple glaze on top.
More Pumpkin Recipes You'll Love!
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Frosted Pumpkin Drop Cookies
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Mini Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Try these delicious and sweet Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies today! Share them with your family and let me know how much everyone enjoyed them in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand beater, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar for 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips. The dough will be sticky.
- Use a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon and place cookies 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes and no longer glossy.
- Let cookies cool on pan for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.