This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy, chocolatey, sweet and pure heaven. This cookie is going to wow all the chocolate lovers you know!
Me and cookies are like peas and carrots. We are just a great pair to have around. Cookies make me happy! Especially these chocolatey and chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Its an easy dough to make with an extra special ingredient to make them extra chewy, plus two kinds of chocolate chips. Yup, you read that right, two different kinds! Honestly, these cookies are just insanely delicious. I can't ever eat just one!
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Sugar
- Honey ~ Secret Ingredient!
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
Bring on the Chocolate!
I like to use a combination of semi-sweet and white chocolate chips for these cookies. They remind us of the Subway cookies, but better! You can use any combination of chips you like. Semi-sweet and milk chocolate would be a good combo so would dark and white chocolate. Whichever combination your chocolate loving heart desires, is what you should use!
How to Make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step 1: Make the Dough
In a stand mixer or with a hand beater, cream the butter, brown sugar and honey until smooth. Next, add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Beat well after each egg until dough is creamy. Add the cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low until a dough forms.
Quick Tip: Spray your measuring cup with non-stick spray before measuring the honey. The honey will slide right out with no sticky messes to worry about.
Step 2: Make it More Chocolatey
Stir in your favorite combination of chocolate chips! Dot the tops of the cookie dough with extra white chocolate chips for an extra pretty presentation.
Step 3: Scoop the Cookies
Using a medium sized cookie scoop or rounded tablespoonfuls, place cookies 2 inches apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
Step 4: Bake the Cookies
Bake the cookies in a 350° oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will look a little underdone in the middle, but that is exactly what you want them to look like. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Step 5: Stuff Your Face
Well, you don't have to literally stuff your face, but you should definitely eat these cookies. You will not regret it one single bit!
Can I freeze Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough?
Yes! Scoop the dough onto a parchment lined pan and freeze for a couple hours. Then place the frozen dough in a freezer safe zip top bag or container.
To bake frozen cookie dough: Bake as directed in recipe, but increase the baking time by 2-3 minutes.
How to Store Cookies
The best way to store extra cookies is in an air tight container on the counter. These cookies will last 4-5 days on the counter. Or you can freeze the baked cookies in a freezer safe container, they will last 3-4 months in the freezer. To thaw: simply remove from freezer and let thaw on counter.
More Cookies You're Gonna Love!
- Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Confetti Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Drop Candy Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Give these delightful Double Chocolate Chip Cookies a try for all the cookie monsters in your life and let me know how much they're enjoyed in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1½ cups salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand beater, cream together the butter, brown sugar or honey.
- Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg until creamy.
- Add cocoa, flour, baking soda and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate and white chocolate chips. Add a few white chips on top of cookie dough to make them extra pretty.
- Using a medium sized scoop or rounded tablespoonful, place cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will look a little underdone in the middle, but that is exactly the way you want them!
- Let cookies cool 5 minutes on pan, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply