This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Lemon and White Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy with a delicious citrus flavor and perfect amount of sweet white chocolate chips.
Who knew lemon and white chocolate paired so well? It is such a great combination, with the citrus flavor from the lemon and sweetness from the white chocolate chips. This is a perfect spring and summer cookie to share with friends and family or bring on picnics and hikes.
How to make the perfect Lemon & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are so perfect because of their soft and chewy centers. It's all about the sugar when it comes to making perfect cookies. I prefer more chewy cookies rather than crisp, so a lot of my cookie recipes have more brown sugar than white sugar. Which results in a perfect chewy center every time! (If you don't over bake them, I'm speaking from experience...) 😉
What You Need
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 heaping cup white chocolate chips
Make Some Cookies!
Now, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. The longer the better! Next, add the pure vanilla extract and eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Follow that with the lemon zest and juice, then add the the baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix together just until combined. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
Using a cookie scoop or a level tablespoon, place the cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared pans. Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes just until the edges are starting to turn golden. Cool on pan for 2-3 minutes and remove to wire rack or counter to cool completely.
Pack these cookies up and give them to your friends and family or take em on your next family adventure. I like to take them with when we go for mini road trips. These cookies taste like spring and make gloomy days sunny! Give em a try!
You might also like some of these other cookie recipes!
If you try these bright and flavorful Lemon and White Chocolate Chip Cookies let me know how you like them in the comments below! You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! Pictures encouraged and welcomed with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen.
Pin the recipe for later!
Lemon & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the zest and juice of the lemon and mix well.
- Add the baking soda, salt and flour. Mix just until everything is combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or level tablespoon, place cookie dough 2 in apart on prepared pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes just until the edges are starting to turn golden.
- Let cookies cool for 2-3 minutes on the pan and then remove to wire rack or counter to cool completely.