This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake is decadent, full of lemon flavor, and topped with the most delightful and tart lemon glaze! Eat it with your morning coffee, for a snack topped with strawberries, or al a mode after dinner! It will be sweet and delicious every time!
If you haven't heard, I love lemon and so does the rest of my household! What better way to enjoy some lemon cake than on a hot summer day! However, this cake is good all year round! I love making it for my birthday (which is in the dead of winter) and smothering it in macerated strawberries. It's my favorite way to enjoy it! Give it a try and I'm positive if you are a lemon fan you will become a huge fan of this pound cake!
Ingredients Needed for Easy Lemon Pound Cake with Glaze
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
Macerated Strawberries (optional)
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 heaping tablespoon sugar
How to Make Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Gather all your ingredients and get ready to make the best lemon pound cake you have ever tasted!
First step, preheat the oven to 350° and prepare a 9x5 loaf pan. You can either butter it, spray with non-stick spray or use parchment paper. I prefer parchment paper so the cake is extremely easy to remove from the pan.
Next step, in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat well. Now add the lemon zest and juice, followed by the flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until everything is incorporated and smooth. Please don't over mix!
Last step, spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If the cake is starting to get to brown on the top, quickly cover it with a piece of foil and continue baking. Let cake cool completely before glazing.
Make the Glaze
This is a simple glaze and takes just a minute to make. Simply whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and pinch of salt until smooth. Pour all over the top of the cake and let it drip down the sides. Use an offset spatula to spread it out evenly if needed. Let the cake sit until the glaze has set. Slice and serve, or add macerated strawberries and then serve!
How to Make Macerated Strawberries
This is also a very easy thing to make. First, wash and hull the strawberries, then slice. Did you know you can use an egg slicer to slice strawberries? Or that there is an actual strawberry slicer? You better believe it! They both work like a charm and create even sliced strawberries! You can thank me later. After the strawberries are sliced, add them to a small bowl and add the sugar. Mixed them together and set aside for at least 10 minutes. Boom! That's it! Pour the strawberries and syrup over a slice of cake and enjoy!
Looking for some more cake recipes or lemon treats? Take a peek at these recipes!
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Simple Lemonade
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Almond Cake with Chocolate Sweetened Condensed Milk Frosting
- Coffee Cupcakes with Mocha Buttercream Frosting
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
After you try this decadent, sweet and tart Glazed Lemon Pound Cake let me know how much you enjoyed it in the comments below! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Pin the recipe for later!
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Lemon Pound Cake
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar, heaping
Lemon Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease or line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add the zest and juice from 1 large lemon and mix in.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and beat on low until incorporated and smooth.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If the top of cake is starting to get too dark, quickly cover with foil and continue baking.
- Let cake cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and pinch salt. Pour and spread evenly on top of cake and watch it fall down the sides of the cake. Let cake sit until glaze has set.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in bowl. Let sit for about 10 minutes before using. Spoon over slice of cake and eat!