This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These cookies are so cute, super simple, and do not need to chill. I repeat... these Confetti Sugar Cookies require NO CHILLING! Yes, that's what I said, twice! Most sugar cookies need to chill so the butter doesn't cause too much spreading while the cookies bake. These cookies are simple drop cookies, so spreading is not an issue, therefore no need to chill which means you can make and bake right away, and then devour them all within 30 minutes. That's my kind of cookie.
These sugar cookies are a super fun treat for anyone who loves sprinkles! And according to my youngest daughter, Ava, sprinkles make everything better. I can't really disagree with her, she is pretty smart! Sprinkles are what make these cookies so much fun. Ava was deprived of sprinkles for awhile because I couldn't find any dye free sprinkles in our area and I was too cheap to order them online. (We have to avoid artificial food dyes due to allergies in our household). Now, thankfully I have multiple stores that carry dye free sprinkles and food coloring. She is no longer deprived and living her best life, all because of sprinkles.
Ingredients for Confetti Sugar Cookies
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg, large
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1-½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ cup sprinkles (jimmies), assorted colors, dye-free
How to make Confetti Sugar Cookies
First thing you will need to do to make these super simple cookies is preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Next, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This takes about 2 minutes. I use a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. A hand mixer will work as well. Next you will add in the egg and vanilla and beat until creamy and smooth. Add the baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Beat on low just until combined.
Now comes the sprinkles. We made our own blend by mixing different colors together. You can make your own blend or buy the already assorted color blends. You will need a half cup of sprinkles. Add the sprinkles into the dough and mix together on low with your stand/hand mixer or fold in with a spatula. Drop the cookies using a tablespoon cookie scoop or a tablespoon measuring spoon. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
If you like crunchy, crispy cookies bake them for the whole 12 minutes and the edges are just starting to become golden brown. We prefer a crispy edge and soft center for our sugar cookies, so I bake my cookies for 11 minutes and not a minute longer. The edges will have a slight crunch and the center will be soft and chewy and perfection. If you lean more towards a gooey cookie that falls apart and is super soft and tender the whole way through, bake for only 9-10 minutes.
If you and your family love cookies like we do try these other yummy cookie recipes!
After you try these super simple and cute Confetti Sugar Cookies, let me know in the comments below. You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
Confetti Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat together until creamy.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix together on low speed until everything is just mixed together.
- Add sprinkles and mix on low or stir in with a spatula until evenly incorporated.
- Drop on baking sheet using a tablespoon cookie scoop or spoon, placing cookies 2 inches apart. I get 13 cookies on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes on sheet before removing to wire rack to cool completely.