This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cookies are full of all the best flavors! A tender peanut butter drop cookie stuffed with chocolate and butterscotch chips. An easy drop cookie that will become a new favorite!
These cookies are a simple drop cookie that takes only a few minutes to whip up and get in the oven. They are soft, tender and oh so sweet creating the most perfect cookie!
Who loves the combo of chocolate and peanut butter? We do too! Especially when there is some butterscotch mixed in to give all the flavors of our favorite Scotcharoo desserts. We especially love No Bake Scotcharoos, Scotcharoo Popcorn, and No Bake Butterscotch Cookies.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cookies
- Salted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Butterscotch Chips
- Salted Butter: I like to use salted butter in my baked goods. You can sub unsalted butter and add an extra ¼ teaspoon of salt to the dough.
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Crunchy peanut butter can be used, the cookies will have some more texture and be a little bit more dry but still delicious.
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour: You can sub whole wheat flour, white whole wheat flour or use a blend of half and half. Wheat flour will give a little nutty flavor to the cookies with will be extra yummy!
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: I prefer to use semi-sweet, but also have used dark chocolate and it was great. Milk chocolate would be great too!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies with Peanut Butter
- First, in a stand mixer or with hand beaters, cream together the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter and beat until fluffy.
- Next, add the vanilla extract followed by the eggs, adding one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Then, add half the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on low just until combined.
- Add the remaining half of flour and mix on low just until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, place cookie dough on parchment lined sheet pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in a 350°F oven for 11-13 minutes until the edges are just turning golden brown and the centers are no longer glossy.
- Let cookies cool on pan for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack or counter to cool completely.
How to Store Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cookies?
Store cookies in an air tight container on the counter. They will stay fresh for 3-4 days on the counter. To keep them soft for longer, add a piece of bread in with the cookies. The cookie will absorb the moisture from the bread keeping them soft and fresh for longer.
These cookies can also be stored in the freezer! Simply put the cooled baked cookies in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag in between layers of wax paper. Label, date and freeze. Cookies can last up to 6 months in the freezer. Thaw the cookies at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes until soft enough to eat.
How to freeze cookie dough?
To freeze the chocolate chip butterscotch peanut butter cookie dough: place cookie dough scoops on parchment lined sheet pan. Freeze the dough, once frozen, place the frozen dough balls in a freezer safe air tight container or zip top bag. Label and date.
To bake the frozen dough, place dough on parchment lined cookie sheets 2 inches apart. Then bake frozen dough at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the centers no longer look glossy. Cook time will vary on how cold your cookies are when placed in the oven. Cool cookies on pan for 5 minutes and then remove to wire rack or counter to cool completely.
FAQs About Drop Cookies:
A drop cookie is dough that is simply dropped on the cookie sheet before baking. There is no rolling out dough or rolling dough into balls. An easy cookie recipe to get from bowl to oven. Just scoop, drop and bake.
First the most important thing is to use room temperature butter, not warm or melted butter. The cookies will spread more with warm or melted butter, unless they are chilled before baking. Also, make sure your leavening agent is not old and expired, fresh baking soda is always best. Use parchment paper instead of greasing the sheet pans and never put dough on a hot/warm cookie sheet. Lastly, if you are still experiencing flat cookies, chill the dough for 30 minutes before baking.
Other Delicious Drop Cookies:
- Cowboy Cookies
- Jumbo Chocolate Chip & Walnut Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Chocolate Drop Candy Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Chunk Coconut Cookies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or with hand beaters, cream together butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the peanut butter until fluffy again.
- Add the vanilla extract followed by eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half of the flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low just until combined.
- Mix in remaining flour on low just until combined.
- Stir in the the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips until fully incorporated.
- Using a medium size cookie scoop, drop cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 11-13 minutes until the edges are just golden brown and the centers are no longer glossy.
- Let cookies cool on pan for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack or counter to cool completely.