This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Move over caramel corn, there's a new snack in town! Scotcharoo Popcorn is soft, chewy and filled with flavors of peanut butter, butterscotch and chocolate! This will be your next addicting snack perfect for movie nights, game days and summer picnics!
Popcorn happens to be one of my most favorite snacks ever. I love it so much that when I was pregnant, I sent my husband to the movie theater for the "real deal" popcorn to cure my cravings. He obliged with no complaining! I still crave popcorn and I haven't been pregnant in a very long time! I don't just love the good buttery and salty "real deal" popcorn, I also love flavored popcorn, especially sweet popcorn.
Due to my love of popcorn and my husband's love for peanut butter and chocolate, I took his all time favorite treat, Scotch-A-Roos, and one of my many favorite things, popcorn, and created this decadent sweet treat!
How to Make Scotcharoo Popcorn
What you will need
- 8 cups popped popcorn, plain (about ⅓ cup kernals)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
Let's Make the Popcorn!
Put the popped popcorn in a large bowl and remove any kernels. I use an air popper to pop my kernels.
Now, either in a small saucepan or in a microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and coconut oil until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
You now have two choices... eat it NOW or eat it later. I would eat it NOW if I were you! It is so delicious, sweet and addicting!
If you love peanut butter and chocolate like our family, try these recipes out!
If you try Scotcharoo Popcorn and absolutely fall in love with it like my family and I did, let me know in the comments below! You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing!
Pin the recipe for later!
- Put the popcorn in a large bowl and remove any kernels left that didn't pop.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat melt together the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and salt until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mix over the popcorn and gently stir it until all the popcorn is coated.
- Spread the popcorn on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small sauce pan or microwave safe bowl, melt together the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and coconut oil until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
- Let rest until set, about 30 minutes.