This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are decadent treats that are finger licking good! Made with minimal ingredients and super easy to whip up, these bars will disappear fast!
The kiddos and hubby love getting these bars in their lunches as a special treat. They are also perfect for picnics, potlucks and family get togethers. A super easy treat that only takes minutes to make and will be pleasing everyone, not just the chocolate and peanut butter lovers!
If you don't know yet, I am an Iowa girl at heart. I heart Iowa forever. It is my home, it is where I'm from, it is who made me who I am. I don't mind living in Wisconsin, but home will always be Iowa. With that, I remember some of the most delicious peanut butter bars in my elementary school days. They had a creamy but stiff bottom and a sweet chocolate topping. I recreated the bars so my family could enjoy them too. They turned out fabulous and oh so rich and decadent.
No Bake desserts really are the best. They are usually easy and fast. Here are some more No Bake desserts you might like to try too: S'mores Bars, Cheesecake Bars, Cookies N Cream Cheesecake Bars, Chocolate Raisin Cookies, and Scotch-a-roo Bars.
This post was originally posted on 05/25/2015 and updated on 03/26/2021.
No Bake Peanut Butter Bar Ingredients
- Peanut Butter: If you need to stay away from peanuts, you can substitute with almond butter or sunflower seed butter for a nut free version.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs: Substitute with fine pretzel crumbs but omit the added salt. Or use oats that have been processed to smaller crumbs.
- Dark Chocolate Chips: Use your favorite chocolate chip: semi-sweet or milk chocolate would work great.
How to Make Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Using a food processor, pulse the graham crackers into fine crumbs. (Need about 2 packages of crackers to make 2½ cups.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, peanut butter, powdered sugar, melted butter and salt. To make it easier you can use a stand mixer or hand beater.
- Evenly spread and firmly press the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl or double boiler, melt together the chocolate chips and ¼ cup peanut butter.
- Evenly spread the mixture over the peanut butter.
- Chill the bars for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut into 12-24 bars depending on the size you want and serve. I usually cut them into 20 bars.
Tips for Successful Bars
- Graham Crackers need to be fine crumbs so the mixture will come together.
- Line the baking dish with parchment paper with an overhang so the bars will come out easy and will be easier to slice.
- This recipe can be cut in half and made in an 8x8 dish or you can double it and use a rimmed jelly roll sheet pan.
FAQs About No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
Store these bars in the fridge so there is no chance of them melting.
Yes! These bars are very freezer friendly. To freeze them, place them in a freezer safe container in between layers of wax paper. Or you can individually wrap the bars in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer safe container or zip top bag and freeze. Bars will last 3-4 months in the freezer. Thaw bars in refrigerator.
Absolutely! The peanut butter layer will have some more texture but will be equally delicious.
For this recipe, I prefer to use dark chocolate chips. However, semi sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips would be super delicious too!
More Peanut Butter and Chocolate Treats:
- Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
- Peanut Butter Chip Chocolate Cookies
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
- Scotcharoo Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Temptation Cookies
No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers into fine crumbs. Measure out approximately 2½ cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, peanut butter, melted butter and salt thoroughly. Or use a stand mixer or hand beaters.
- Evenly spread the peanut butter mix into lightly greased 9x13 dish and press down firmly.
- In a microwave safe bowl or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together.
- Pour chocolate over the peanut butter and spread evenly.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.