This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
These Peanut Butter Brownie Bars are hands down the best peanut butter and chocolate combination I have created yet! Deliciousness! This is a simple brownie mix on the bottom with a creamy peanut butter middle and a dark chocolate top. Don't worry, it is a layer bar, but it is so simple to make! It is a great make ahead dessert, and would be perfect for any BBQ, picnic or holiday celebration!
This creation came about on a day that I was having trouble deciding what to make for a dessert. I always ask my family for ideas and suggestions and use them for a lot of my inspiration. I asked my sister what a good barbecue dessert would be and she suggested a peanut butter and chocolate dessert. She would suggest that because it is her favorite combo along with Chad's favorite and pretty much the family's favorite too. So it was settled, I would create a peanut butter and chocolate dessert. I was looking at recipes and really just combined a couple with a few tweaks and behold this glorious dessert was created.
This dessert was our July 4th celebration dessert. My sister and her family came over for a BBQ and evening fire. We had a good ole time playing volleyball, basketball, swimming, jumping on the trampoline and ended with roasting marshmallows. I do have to say that this dessert beat the roasted marshmallows! I'll take this fudgey brownie, smooth peanut butter filling and dark chocolate perfection over a roasted marshmallow any day!
As it turned out, this sweet treat was a huge success and the entire family gave it 2 thumbs up! I have a feeling these Peanut Butter Brownie Bars are going to be requested over and over again, they were that marvelous! Oh boy!
Peanut Butter Brownie Bars
Peanut Butter Filling
Chocolate Ganache Topping
- 12 oz dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- For the brownies, Preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl mix together the melted butter and cocoa powder.
- Add the sugar and mix just until combined.
- Beat together the eggs and vanilla. Add to the chocolate mix and mix just until combined.
- Stir in the flour until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spread batter evenly into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean and let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking make the peanut butter filling, in a mixer beat together the melted butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar.
- Once the brownie is cooled drop the peanut butter mix by spoonfuls on top of the brownies. Spread evenly with your fingertips or rubber spatula to cover the entire dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and cream together for 30 seconds, stir. Melt in 10 second intervals after that if needed.
- Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter and spread out evenly.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Slice and serve!