This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Click HERE to read my policies.
Rocky Road Brownies are going to surpass all your expectations! They have a rich and fudgy brownie base and are covered with all the classic rocky road flavors of marshmallows, chocolate chips and roasted peanuts.
Do you like rocky road ice cream? Do you like chocolatey and fudgy brownies? If you are saying "hell yes" to yourself then I have got the recipe for you! These brownies are the epitome of decadence. One bite will send you into a shock of sweet satisfaction. No joke! This recipe uses my brownie base found in Old Fashioned Frosted Brownies and then all the rocky road toppings are layered and baked to utter perfection. This brownie is heaven for all the chocoholics out there. I know, I am a chocoholic. These brownies will cure any chocolate or sugar craving. I suggest you make a few batches of this recipe, eat one batch yourself and share the other to everyone you love! You will not regret it!
Rocky Road Brownie Ingredients
- Salted Butter
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- Mini Marshmallows
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Roasted & Salted Peanuts
Rocky Road Brownie Variations
- Use cashews, pecans, walnuts or almonds. Whichever is your favorite!
- Try them with butterscotch or peanut butter chips or even better, dark chocolate chips!
- Add a chocolate or peanut butter drizzle on top of all the goodness!
How to Make Perfect Rocky Road Brownies
Step 1: Make Brownie Batter
In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated. Next add the eggs and vanilla and whisk to incorporate everything. Stir in the flour just until it is combined.
Step 2: Bake the Brownies
Pour the brownie batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish and spread it out evenly. Bake the brownies in a preheated 350° oven for 20-22 minutes. You do not want to fully bake the brownies, because they are going to bake for another 5 minutes after the toppings are added.
Step 3: Turn them into Rocky Road
Add the marshmallows in an even layer on top of the slightly under baked brownies, followed by a sprinkle of chocolate chips and peanuts.
Step 4: Finish the Brownies
Bake the brownies for another 5-7 minutes until the marshmallows are puffy and slightly golden brown.
Step 5: Cool and Serve
Let the brownies cool awhile and then slice and serve.
Tips for Slicing Brownies
- Let the brownies cool almost completely.
- Use a plastic knife (Pampered Chef makes a good one) or a disposable plastic knife.
- No plastic knife? Use a metal knife sprayed with cooking spray or dipped in water and wipe off after each cut.
- Slice with one smooth cut, do not saw to cut the brownies.
More Chocolate Treats
- Dark Chocolate Walnut Brownies
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- No Bake S'mores Bars
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Homemade Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Sour Cream Donuts
- Zucchini Brownies with Fast Frosting
- Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
Give these decadent Rocky Road Brownies a try and send yourself into sweet chocolate bliss! Then let me know how much you enjoyed them in the comments below and leave a star rating! Pictures encouraged on Instagram with the hashtag #heathershomemadekitchen You can also follow me on Social Media to see what other crazy things my family and I are doing! If you like what you see, please share with your friends and family!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe for later!
Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Whisk in the sugar until fully combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in flour just until it is incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake brownies for 20-22 minutes. (Slightly under baking)
- Layer marshmallows, chocolate chips and peanuts on top of brownies.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes until the marshmallows are puffy and slightly golden brown.
- Let brownies cool, then slice and serve!
Leave a Reply